Undisputed 3

Posted by: Cord

Undisputed 3 - 05/30/10 06:16 PM

A couple of years ago, Undisputed 2 came out of nowhere, with none of Tony Jaa's hype, and delivered what has become a much appreciated, wire free, brutal MA movie. Michael Jai White was the star on paper, but, whilst he was brilliant in it, what was more interesting was that it created a very strong role for Scot Adkins, and allowed him his best platform to demonstrate some staggering MA athleticism.

Undisputed 3 picks up Boyka's story (Adkins) in the wake of his loss and injury in part 2. I was interested to see if they could come up with a movie that would develop the character to an extent required to carry a whole movie, and also if there was anything left that could match, better, or indeed, not merely repeat, the extraordinary choreography of its predecessor.

In my opinion, the answer to all questions is a resounding 'OH HELL YEAH!!!' cool

Solid performances, a realistic transition to seeing Boyka as the hero, not the villain, a plot that merges Bloodsport with Hostel (I'm not joking), and the fights!? Jaw dropping. Literally, I mean there are many moments where you just sit agog, with an irresistable urge to rewind and watch again to make sure you saw what you just saw. You do this, then realise that yes, he really did that shocked shocked I am are not just talking XMA gymnasics here, the grappling choreography is DA BOMB!!!

You all really REALLY need to see this one, its a frikkin MA classic.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Undisputed 3 - 06/02/10 10:19 AM

Is it direct to vdo?

I saw parts of it on youtube.
It was awesome.

Unlike Tony Jaa, Scott Adkins is actually climbing up slowly and safely. You should see how much he trains for the roles (it's insane).

-Donnie out
Posted by: Cord

Re: Undisputed 3 - 06/02/10 06:06 PM

Yeah, I post his training footage in the strength forum, especially as he bulks up so much to play Boyka, yet does so functionaly.

It is direct to dvd, though the distributors are being stupid and it only has a US release at present.

I saw it via download on the basis that I would have bought it had it been made available, and will buy an official one when the company get their act together and release it in the UK.

Adkins actually turned down a role in The Expendables to star in this. At the time I thought that was a mistake, but having seen it, it is a star making performance.
Posted by: budomate

Re: Undisputed 3 - 06/03/10 05:54 AM

It was a lot of hullaballo around the third part of Undisputed. Partly because of not so quality previous project from Adkins-Florentine named The Ninja and partly just about Boyka character.

From the first minutes Florentine flings us to the center of the ring where fighters knock the nonsense out of each other. Location is Chornya Cholmi, Russia - Maximum security prison.