New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out

Posted by: iamrogue

New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 03/19/10 03:04 PM

Tony Jaa is getting up there with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. This one looks waay better than the second, which was pretty weak. http://iamrogue.com/social/posts/trailer-ong-bak-3-epic-badass
Posted by: Cord

Re: New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 03/19/10 05:32 PM

err.... it is a continuation of the 2nd movie, which I enjoyed, but there is nothing in that trailer that would indicate it being 'better' than the 2nd movie. Elephants? Check. Slo-mo acrobatics? Check.

I am sure it will be as impressive, and as flawed, as the 1st half of the story smile
Posted by: JasonM

Re: New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 03/21/10 01:32 PM

Not overly impressed. As I do like Tony Jaa, it has the same stuff. Double flying knees, fight on the water and like cord said elephants.
Posted by: Cord

Re: New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 03/21/10 01:50 PM

I too find his lack of invention a bit worrying. He is not as nimble at interacting with scenery/objects as Jackie Chan now, let alone in his prime, and he has not got the invention or imagination in his choreography either.

What he does have to his credit is the 'one take' massive fight scenes. The 10 minute storming of the restaurant in 'The Warrior', filmed in one uncut free flowing take, was a magnificent achievement, and the climax of Ong Bak 2 seemed to share this strategy, and lasted a shade longer.

The touble is, that if this is all he can build upon/escalate, then the already thin plots are going to suffer, and we will end up with his films being a testament to rehearsals and physical endurance. This will get boring very quickly.

I watched 'Police Story' for about the 1000th time the other day, and it still amazes, even after all this time. I stopped going 'wow' at Ong Bak after the 3rd viewing.
Posted by: Taison

Re: New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 04/20/10 10:29 PM

The problem is that Tony is suffering from 'star struck' syndrome.

Basically, he has 2 'hits' movies and he thinks he's a superstar. So he decides to cut off the producers, writers, and do it all himself.

So what he comes up is a shallow story, 're-used' moves and the whole thing goes down the drain.

Basically, it took him 3 movies before he became a 'b-movie' actor. I can almost foresee his career going to 'direct to video' pretty soon.

He should take a hint from the hollywood action stars that he needs to be able to do other things than just 'fighting' in movies. Perhaps learn how to act?

-Donnie out
Posted by: sonny011873

Re: New Ong Bak 3 Trailer is out - 10/26/10 01:58 PM

Over at Big chico's movie blog he has a decent review of the original cut out of Thailand with the new trailer. I guess the US version is going to be different.

http://www.bigchicosmovieblog.com/4942