zatoichi

Posted by: gojuwarrior1

zatoichi - 11/13/04 08:23 AM

how many of you seen the latest version of this story?loved it or hated it?i thought it was a good movie, the graphics were a little weak but still a good flick.
Posted by: Grayston

Re: zatoichi - 01/02/06 09:03 AM

Quote:

how many of you seen the latest version of this story?loved it or hated it?i thought it was a good movie, the graphics were a little weak but still a good flick.

Loved it - thought it was a good version - agree on the graphics - they were weak...

Respectfully,
Posted by: Cord

Re: zatoichi - 01/02/06 03:37 PM

Are you guys referring to the Takeshi Kitano version replete with dance-number ending? If so its a darn masterpiece IMO the only 'graphics' i can think of were the slicing up the bo through the thumb, a few blood splats, and the morphing between child and adult cast at the curtain call. A little rough maybe, but i can forgive that.
If there is a version more recent than this I havent seen it, but would appreciate details
Posted by: trevek

Re: zatoichi - 01/03/06 03:09 AM

I hated the dance bit at the end. Seemed a bit too 'Broadway'.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: zatoichi - 01/14/06 10:20 PM

Felt alot like an anime, since nowadays I don't see many movies in the setting... but was good nonethless. I wonder...

*puts on blindfold and starts swinging sword around near a pre-school*
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: zatoichi - 01/15/06 05:45 AM

from what you'veall said here it sounds more like you were watching kung fu hustle! are the older versions of zatoichi any good?
Posted by: Cord

Re: zatoichi - 01/15/06 07:54 AM

It is far more understated and has a greater depth of character than most anime. It is absolutely nothing like kung fu hustle- its actually funny for a start, and plays more like a spaghetti western, so in that sense is very much in the chambara tradition.
The old zatoichi movies are OK, but not a patch on Kitano's version IMO
Posted by: Subedei

Re: zatoichi - 01/15/06 06:16 PM

I really enjoyed it. I don't see what's wrong with the dance number at the end, the entire movie is like a slightly hidden dance number
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: zatoichi - 01/15/06 06:39 PM

You noticed that to? I liked it man, good movie!
Posted by: Kung Fu Hung-Su

Re: zatoichi - 02/21/06 01:49 AM

I loved all the musical segments and definately the dance at the end, those "tap dancers" rock.

There were fight scenes in this? Bah, who cares?