TEKKEN!!

Posted by: TKD_X

TEKKEN!! - 08/11/08 04:02 PM

In 2009 there's gonna be a new Tekken movie. here's a link that shows all the actors and so on.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/

i'm looking forward to it. i basically grew up on the tekken video games.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/11/08 04:14 PM

Sweet!

Except that I do not see King on that list.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/11/08 09:37 PM

which is strange considering craig marduk is on there. it was marduk that king was seeking revenge against for killing (i think it was) his mentor. i can't wait to see what yoshimitsu looks like.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/11/08 10:23 PM

This movie looks amazing. what that link i posted doesn't show is Jackie Chan as Lei Wulong and Roger Huerta as Miguel (a character from tekken 6 which i haven't played:()
Posted by: Cord

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/12/08 12:22 AM

The casting looks good- I would have had Luke Goss as Bryan Fury, not Steve Fox personaly, but you cant have everything.
Nathan Jones is perfect for Marduk (who killed Armour King in the games btw).
I dont think this cast list is complete anyway- no way would they make a Tekken Movie without Paul Pheonix (who would be played well by Gary Daniels- when will hollywood just see sense and let me cast things for them so it all goes right? )

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/12/08 02:14 PM

i think there might be a paul phoenix. i don't know how much to trust youtube things that i've seen.
Posted by: Christy

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/12/08 05:32 PM

Kinda bummin that I don't see Lily or Dragunov on the list. I like those two on the PSP version.
Posted by: TheCrab

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/13/08 01:46 AM

I noticed feng wasnt in there?
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa would be perfect for the role, instead of as heihachi, which he looks nothing like.
http://content8.flixster.com/photo/36/41/90/3641902_tml.jpg

cung le is a rubbish choice for law I think, different physiques and appearances.

This dude would play the part of king well -
http://www.persiancarpetguide.com/sw-asia/Islamic/Mughal/images/Asiatic_Cheetah.jpg

and im not joking, brock lesnar as Jack-5?
lol

By the way Nathan Jones would also play the part of Kratos well if they make a acted god of war movie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/13/08 06:36 PM

Quote:

By the way Nathan Jones would also play the part of Kratos well if they make a acted god of war movie

Way too bulky.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/13/08 11:54 PM

Brock Lesnar would be the perfect Jack. As for Cung Le i'm also a little skeptical. Jason Scott Lee would be great for that role. Tagawa makes a good heihachi. i saw a picture of him on youtube with the hair and goatee. he looks perfect.
Posted by: Taison

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/14/08 04:06 AM

I'm being cast as a younger Kazuya.

No lies there.

-Taison out

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/14/08 06:42 AM

I could play marduk

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/14/08 08:27 AM

Bullsh!t~

I wish I knew how to work image-shack, I'd show ya.

-Taison out

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/14/08 08:59 AM

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachmen...t-joe-boxer.jpg
already found you bud. haha

Cord as Mokujin.
haha
Posted by: JasonM

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/14/08 09:36 AM

Well, it sounds like a must see but I hope it is better than soem of the other Games to movies. cough * Mortal Kombat * cough

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/15/08 10:39 PM

OMG,

Lachy you found out the secret sub-plot!

That's Kazuya and Jin in their devil forms!

NO Don't reveal it to the public!

Cord as Panda.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/22/08 02:02 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/toastie-kim/l_1622a85f82483183786f0d4e92f5d87b.jpg

Cung Le as Marshal Law.

Not very impressed though. Looks like a cheap street fighter movie.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/23/08 02:13 AM

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/Osirisweb/Thewolfbluefilter.jpg

They should cast me as Lee Chaolan.

Although I ain't as good of a kicker as he is in the game, I can kick well

Plus, I look cooler than the character.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/25/08 01:24 AM

agreed..It should be intersting to see.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/25/08 09:22 PM

I didn't see a casting for Hwoarang or Baek. i like those two. but of course i am a little biased.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/25/08 11:48 PM

Fack the mishimas, Where's Paul Phoenix????

He's like THE mainstay of the games!

And I still want the role for Lee Chaolan.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/27/08 08:41 PM

i wanna see unknown or jinpachi. you know that would be sweet.

paul phoenix's hair would be awesome in the movie. who would you cast as him donnie?

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/28/08 05:14 AM

The guy who played as Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.

Jason Statham as Bryan Fury.

And me as Lee Chaolan.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/28/08 05:18 PM

i think they already have a brian fury. i'd love to see ogre. as mentioned there doesn't appear to be a King. Here's a page i found about the original King.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_(Tekken)

Sounds awfully familiar and makes one think of "Nachooooooooooooooooo!"

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/29/08 01:06 AM

Kind is not in the movie? dang, how can you have Tekken without King...

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/29/08 05:10 PM

i know man. and marduk gets in? marduk wouldn't even be a character if it weren't for his connection to king.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/30/08 04:31 AM

Marduk is just a shadow of King. Without King, there's no need for Marduk to be in it.

I just hate it when producers take a story and mess it up like this.

And WHY THE FACK ISN'T LEE CHAOLAN in THE FRIGGIN' MOVIE??

HELLO? Lee's is Kazuya's brother! His rival? His 'better' part?

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/30/08 07:30 PM

Donnie,
Lee is a jerk lol. He tries to take over Mishima Zaibatsu all the time and fails. You saw the anime right? he sent nina to kill kazuya instead of doing it himself. i know he's your favorite and everything, but he's not relevant to the Jin-based plot either. you tried out for the part didn't you?

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/30/08 11:31 PM

ok, I like Tekken, but dang you guys have me beat.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/31/08 12:18 AM

Lee is a jerk?

Hmm...

Lee is actually one of the most influential characters in the plot because of his scheming. He pulled the strings behind the scenes in TK1-2, was absent in 3 but then did it again in 4,5 and 6.

Lee isn't just a somebody, he's one of the largest shareholders in G-Corporation, thus making him one of Zaibatsu's most threatening enemies because he's able to stand toe-to-toe with them.

Plus Lee has always been considered Kazuya's rival. He is everything Heihachi always wanted but failed to recognize. He is basically Heihachi, he plans things from behind the scenes, uses brains instead of brawns, use alliances to do the fighting for him but isn't afraid to go toe-to-toe with anyone. The only flaw in Lee is he isn't a Mishima by blood, not to mention, Japanese.

Why does Kazuya hate Lee? Here's a better question, what doesn't he hate?

Lee are one of the few characters who could properly control the Zaibatsu AND the G-Corporation beside Heihachi. Look at Jin, he got the Zaibatsu and what happens? World War. Too much power for a 21 year old.

How isn't Lee relevant to the plot? Well he's one of the few who could fight a Mishima and not go down easily (only Hwoarang and Paul have ever fought and come to a draw with a Mishima, Lee almost defeated Kazuya but lost in T4; Major improvement from T2).

Ok, I'm a Tekken nerd, but heck.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/31/08 12:33 AM

Wow...remind me to stay on your good side.

maybe if you write to the producers they'll put you in the plot somewhere.

Here are some good questions that might make you wonder why he's not in the movie:
Did Lee ever get thrown off a cliff and climb back out alive?
Is he too self-conscious to fight without a shirt?
Why is his hair lavender colored?

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/31/08 04:41 AM

Quote:

Did Lee ever get thrown off a cliff and climb back out alive?

No, but he did survived an explosion in Tekken2. A feat that Heihachi did as well at the end of Tekken4.

Quote:

Is he too self-conscious to fight without a shirt?

He doesn't wear a shirt in Tekken 6.

Quote:

Why is his hair lavender colored?

It's silver actually. His nickname is the "Silver Demon" btw, because of his speed and the 'white blur' created when moving around in combat.

Basically, if Jin is Kazuya's heir, Lee is Heihachi 'true' heir.

Both are scheming [censored], both do not possess the devil gene, both are splendid entrepreneur, both are fixated with power, and both are considered "rennassaince men" being excellent fighters and scientists. Both believe in science to augment and surpass human abilities, although Heihachi believes in bio-engineering whereas Lee believes in robotics. This is why both do not want the Devil Gene for themselves (Heihachi has already given up on the devil gene thing, he believes in himself and his research).

If Heihachi wasn't so fixated on trying to get Kazuya to be more like himself, he should note that he already has his 'true' son in Lee.

Another thing people don't know; Lee is stronger than most of the cast. He hasn't lost to a non-Mishima yet. His skill levels surpasses Law's but haven't reached Paul's levels yet. Paul is another thing I don't understand. He is THE strongest fighter in the tournament. He hasn't lost to any human except coming to a draw with Kazuya. Meaning = he is so friggin' skilled and strong, that unless you're a bear, you can't beat him. He should also be in the movie.

Also, the anime isn't canon by the way.

~Donnie

Re: TEKKEN!! - 08/31/08 02:11 PM

You beat that shirt argument with a game that i don't have. That's low. i'm gonna go buy a PS3 so i can play tekken 6. either that or take $500 worth of tokens to my local arcade.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/01/08 06:26 AM

King isnt in it because a guy staggering about wearing a stuffed leopard's head as a mask would look ridiculous.

Lee isnt in it because he has commitments to the Spandau Ballet reunion tour, and besides, no one could kick like that in pants that tight.

What works in video games does not always translate directly to screen. Marduk is a character that will translate to an RL movie.
How can you have something like 'True Ogre' (basically the Balrog from Fellowship of the Ring) being KO'd by a punch in the face by a human, and it look even vaguely realistic? Suspension of disbelief has its limits.

Regarding the story, every character has their own FMV after winning story mode in all the games, so there are by now hundreds of possible realities that the film can choose from, or they can make their own, its not like Tekken really has a cohesive plot anyway.

Mark Dacascos as Feng.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/01/08 04:57 PM

Sammo Hung as Kuma
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/02/08 04:45 PM

What I want to know is, WHERE THE HELL IS PAUL??? He would be a great character and easy to link inot the story with Law.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/02/08 06:30 PM

RazorFoot vs. Taison. Razor wins and paul phoenix gets casted. Taison wins and he gets to play lee. how about it?

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/11/08 02:47 AM

Cord as Xiaoling!
Dereck as Jin!

Then I'm satisfied.

Two big bald dudes kissing. The larger of them wearing those typical chinese girl's dress. OMG!

-Taison out

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/11/08 03:11 AM

Quote:

Cord as Xiaoling!

Not with my knee as it is at the moment

Quote:

Two big bald dudes kissing. The larger of them wearing those typical chinese girl's dress. OMG!

i never, ever want to see what's in your browser history

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/12/08 09:36 AM

LoL!

*Puts away the cannibis bong*

~Donnie
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/12/08 04:26 PM

Quote:

RazorFoot vs. Taison. Razor wins and paul phoenix gets casted. Taison wins and he gets to play lee. how about it?

How about we flip a coin and I get to keep my teeth and a little self esteem, lol.

Re: TEKKEN!! - 09/12/08 05:51 PM

Who is going to play Ganryu?