Red Belt

Posted by: SubZero

Red Belt - 08/27/07 05:53 PM

Has anyone read about this movie? It's supposed to have Rigan Machado in it.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Red Belt - 08/28/07 01:33 PM

The movie is to be released sometime in 2008 and is called Redbelt (one word). The main character is Rodrigo Santoro (300, Lost) plus also has funny man Tim Allen. I had not heard that Rigan Machado was going to be in it but perhaps he is behind the scenes. However John Machado and Jean Jacques Machado will be in it as an actors and fight choreographers. Jean Jacques will be playing himself in the movie however John will being playing another character and not just a stunt man like he was in the 1995 movie "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory". In fact he will be one of the few actors doing his own stunts.

Here is the plot:

"A fateful event leads to a job in the film business for top mixed-martial arts instructor Mike Terry (Ejiofor). Though his refuses to participate in prize bouts, circumstances conspire to force him to consider entering such a competition."

I personally think it sounds like many of the B-Movies out there however maybe this cast can pull it off, we shall see.
Posted by: SubZero

Re: Red Belt - 08/30/07 10:20 PM

You could be right. I just knew that one of the Machados was involved. I agree, it probably won't win any awards but hey we're not expecting a Spielberg-esque masterpiece, right? We just wanna see the bad guys get choked!