commercials...wasted time or opportunity?

Posted by: Ed_Morris

commercials...wasted time or opportunity? - 03/11/07 06:42 PM

I absolutely hate commercials when watching TV. Every hour of commercialized show we watch has 15 minutes or more of commercials.

perfect opportunity to stretch, do a few pushups/situps, dry run some coordination things you are working on, light shadow box or kata segment you have trouble with, etc. nothing hard or serious...just something to kill time.

anyone use commercial breaks for, what I call, goof training?

(I think this might be the first TV+training thread...ever. lol)
Posted by: Dereck

Re: commercials...wasted time or opportunity? - 03/12/07 12:20 AM

I rarely watch any regular TV. I record all of the show I like to my PVR and then I watch them at my convenience and skip over the commercials. Or I'll watch the show I like 10-15 minutes later and watch it on the PVR so that when the show ends on the TV I'm right with them.
Posted by: Taison

Re: commercials...wasted time or opportunity? - 03/14/07 02:18 AM

I use the commercial breaks to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I'll stretch and do some kicking, then I'll sit down. Or go fetch some water.

-Taison out
Posted by: Ayub

Re: commercials...wasted time or opportunity? - 03/15/07 11:00 PM

I attach less importance to the TV. I usually train and have the TV in the background. I usually stretch, shadow spar in my living room with the TV on.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: commercials...wasted time or opportunity? - 03/16/07 03:59 PM

When I was just starting out in MA, I used to train during commercial breaks. Stances, strikes, and kata. But I don't really do that anymore.