ROCKY VI

Posted by: baby_bwoy

ROCKY VI - 12/22/06 11:19 AM

Hey guys, ive searched everywhere, but i cant find out when Rocky 6 is coming out in the UK. i heard it was this Xmas, but im not sure when. do any of you guys know..thanks

Aaron
Posted by: Cord

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/22/06 12:25 PM

i have heard two dates, one source says its going to be Jan 15th, the other Early Feb. Only USA get it for christmas

on the plus side, the early reviews are encouraging with a lot of critics being pleasantly suprised by the movie. Search Youtube and you will find an extended trailer with 25 seconds more footage than the trailer available on IMDB and the official Rocky site.

i can't wait
Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/22/06 12:38 PM

Out on the 19th on January.

It is called "Rocky Balboa", not Rocky VI, so that may be why you had trouble finding it.
Posted by: Crash

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/22/06 09:30 PM

Dudes I literally just got back from watching it in the theater, It really is an awsome movie! And hands down my new favorite of the Rocky series! It sucks that it won't be in the U.K. for a little longer but go see it! It was well worth the wait for me!
Posted by: Ayub

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/23/06 03:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjSU_MtvLpQ&mode=related&search=

Heres a consollation interview with the man himself.
Posted by: Ayub

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/25/06 03:20 AM

Just saw it, after two years waiting!! Envy me! Dont worry, I wont add any spoilers, anyone who ruins a movie like Rocky for you, even by mistake is pure scum, theres some things you just dont do!

I thought it was very well done and overcame the 'bastardisation' of the last two movies. What you get is something more similar to Rocky 1, the struggle and difficulties of his life. I dont think the younger generation will like this one too much, since he's not a boxer or someone who even thinks about boxing for a lot of the movie, much much more drama than action. Its well acted for the most part, by Stallone especially, some other characters were slightly badly done, but dont worry, its not too much.

Its a great end to the series, Its the kind of movie you want to watch again and again! If you live in the US I recommend you head to the cinema the first chance you get!
Posted by: baby_bwoy

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/25/06 08:13 AM

yeh ayub i totally i agree with you. i just saw it as well and must say it is alot like the first rocky dealing alot more with rocky's personnal issues more than anything else. im 17 and i loved it. the growth of chracters throughout the film is also something which i greatly liked, but without spoilin it for the others i cant go in too much depth. stil great movie.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/25/06 11:13 PM

saw the movie over the weekend. it will never approach part 1 and 2 (which, they probably should have stopped at part 2). but I guess as rocky formula movies go, it wasn't so bad.

it's just that I'm comparing to deeper and more developed boxing-related stories like 'million dollar baby' and such...but thats just not the Rocky formula....
Posted by: harlan

Re: ROCKY VI - 12/25/06 11:23 PM

Yep. Love Rocky...so went to the theater after all the gifts were purchased. It was...formulaic. But I guess I expected it...an 'old boxer movie'. It was nice to see an aged, more developed Paulie.

Best line:

'Get up.'