Dynasty Warriors?

Posted by: crablord

Dynasty Warriors? - 11/07/06 10:53 PM

Was just wondering if anyone plays this game? if you have got number 5 is it any good? and is there any difference in graphics between the ps2 and 360 versions? i was thinking about buying it on saturday but im not sure
Posted by: Cord

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 02:53 AM

The Dynasty/samurai warriors series of games have really run out of ideas IMO. The whole 'wow look how many characters are on screen at once!' aspect of them died long ago, and quite frankly all that is left is the same button bashing frenzy and building of character attributes that have remained largely unchanged since Dynasty Warriors 2. Sure the graphics have got a bit prettier here and there, the FMV sequences more impressive, but the play is about as involving and varied as shelling pistachios.
My advice would be to rent the 360 version for a couple of days, chances are, you will be glad to return it after a weekend of doing the same thing over, and over and over and over.......

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 03:11 AM

lol i know what you mean. But for some reason I dont get bored, theres just something about it that makes me want to keep playing. Its just so addictive. I played 4 for so long.... but im still thinking of buying 5.

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 07:16 AM

Quote:

lol i know what you mean. But for some reason I dont get bored, theres just something about it that makes me want to keep playing. Its just so addictive. I played 4 for so long.... but im still thinking of buying 5.

*Cord makes mental note: pistachios would make a cheap, nutritious and entertaining christmas toy for Crablord. Having done this, he goes off to save a bit of cash for the new Splinter Cell*
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 09:21 AM

I just packed up the X-Box I had of my friends for the past years as I'm all played out. As I'm going to be out of commission soon I am going to go out and get the X-Box 360 and for sure Splinter Cell. Then I'll sit back and wait for the new Halo.

Question, the X-Box controllers, can they be used on the X-Box 360 or are they totally different?

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 10:33 AM

They are different. You get wireless controller with the delux 360 package, and a cabled controller with the 'core' package. I have heard complaints of battery life re. the wireless controls, and have the wired ones myself.
If you dont want to go 'official' for your second controler, the best make i have found for after market controllers is 'Mad Catz', they are robust and cheaper than official ones.

You have a long wait for Halo 3 (Autumn 07), but I am sure it will be worth it

If you are going to be off your feet for a bit, and able to put in some console time, get 'Oblivion'- its insane
Posted by: jamesjj

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 01:09 PM

I felt the same way. Very addictive. I had 5 and i loved it (the only one i played so i don't know the changes between 4 and 5) however it was quite good. I'd recommend it.

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 05:13 PM

i have oblivion on the pc, its amazing but you really need it on computer, the elder scrolls series best part was always the mods. Oblivion feels a little incomplete, but its still a great game. Buy the pc version though.
Quote:

I felt the same way. Very addictive. I had 5 and i loved it (the only one i played so i don't know the changes between 4 and 5) however it was quite good. I'd recommend it.

good..I was hoping it wouldnt be worse than the others. Has anyone played 4 and 5? what differences were there
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Dynasty Warriors? - 11/08/06 05:54 PM

Quote:

They are different. You get wireless controller with the delux 360 package, and a cabled controller with the 'core' package. I have heard complaints of battery life re. the wireless controls, and have the wired ones myself.
If you dont want to go 'official' for your second controler, the best make i have found for after market controllers is 'Mad Catz', they are robust and cheaper than official ones.

I have Mad Catz for the regular X-Box so I was hoping I could use them for this system. Dang it!