Crank

Posted by: Crash

Crank - 09/10/06 04:36 PM

Wicked movie! go see it! now! now! now! NOW! why haven't you seen it yet?!!

Oh man, best of Statham's action movies! anyone else seen it yet?
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Crank - 09/10/06 08:52 PM

Will check it out, some of the screenshots on IMDB look pretty interesting .
Posted by: Cord

Re: Crank - 09/11/06 09:22 AM

i have yet to see it, but I cant wait to do so- I have heard nothing but great things about it from friends and the press. Statham is always at his best when not forced to do a questionable american accent. Much more comfortable being an essex 'ardman
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Crank - 09/11/06 09:28 AM

Quote:

Statham is always at his best when not forced to do a questionable american accent.

Having no cable TV I am forced to watch tapes and DVDs a lot. I have "The One" (Jet Li) and I cringe everytime Jason Statham talks. He changes accents in the same sentence.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Crank - 09/11/06 11:34 AM

One of my buddies and I are going to see this. Here is the "Trailer"
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Crank - 10/10/06 11:58 AM

I saw it the other week. The opening screen is a mock 80s video game title and a power chord kicks in. Thes rest of the movie sppeds up from there.

Highly recommended (but not as good as The Transporter).

Jason Statham needs some better films, preferably something that allows him both to act and get some action in there.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Crank - 10/11/06 12:27 AM

Jason Statham has just finished filming Rogue with Jet Li so that should be a good combination. Still look forward to seeing this movie.

Re: Crank - 10/11/06 03:19 AM

I just watched this movie this morning. Not as impressed as some of the other members but still quite an entertaining hour and a half.

I agree that Stratham has made films that are either action based or well acted with interesting characters. I still think that his best performances by far are in Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Crank - 10/11/06 09:41 AM

Loathe though I am to suggest a remake, I can see Statham in a new version of 'The Limey.' It's doubtful, as the Terence Stamp original is only a few years old.

Obligatory irrelevant 'Snatch' quote:
"Protection from what? Ze Germans?"

Re: Crank - 10/11/06 11:38 AM

Irrelevent Snatch quotes!!

''Are you a dog Errol?''
''No''
''But you do have all the qualities of a dog, all except loyalty.''

''You've done one of them rally driving courses havent you Tyrone?''
'''Course I have!''

[Tyrone takes a good minute to get out of the car]
''Getaway driver? I mean what the f*** can he get away from?''