Donnie Yen?

Posted by: Taison

Donnie Yen? - 08/29/06 08:46 AM

I was browsing MV's of one of my favorite bands, and I stumbled across one of my favorite songs.

Anyway, in the MV there's Donnie Yen in a movie I haven't seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGZ1YE4xBo

Could someone tell me the name of the movie and if it's a recently released title?

-Taison out

[Yes, I do listen to Cantonese music]
Posted by: WuXing

Re: Donnie Yen? - 08/29/06 11:21 AM

It looks new, I definately haven't seen it. After googling a little, I found that it is called "Dragon Tiger Gate", based on a Hong Kong comic series. It was supposed to come out on July 27. http://www2.dragontigergatemovie.com/dtg/index.html

Re: Donnie Yen? - 08/29/06 12:53 PM

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

-Taison out
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Donnie Yen? - 08/31/06 05:08 PM

can i say..donnie yen is THE man??
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Donnie Yen? - 08/31/06 10:32 PM

This film came out about a month ago here in China, I will try to get my hands on it.
Posted by: WuXing

Re: Donnie Yen? - 09/02/06 09:49 AM

Donnie Yen IS the man! have you ever seen his television series'? They were from the mid nineties, but they came out in condensed form on DVD here in the US a few years ago. Fist of Fury: Sworn Revenge is my favorite. Donnie takes the character of Chen Zen, and the situations surrounding Bruce Lee's Fist of Fury movie, and expands upon it. "The Kung Fu Master" has more wire-work, but still some good stuff in it. That one is about Hung Hei Gwun, Yim Wing Chun, Fong Sai Yuk, Chee Sin, Bak Mei, and all the legendary characters surrounding the destruction of the shaolin temple. (It leads up to that nearer the end of the series)
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: Donnie Yen? - 09/05/06 08:44 AM

i guess i'll have to look for that one
Posted by: Ayub

Dragon Tiger Gate - 09/07/06 12:09 AM

Beat you to it!

Just saw this film. It was a pretty good film entertainment wise and had some style. Its like a marvel remake except HK made, and they did a pretty good job. Theres not as much action as you would think but a fair amount.

The three main characters are a guy who can kick, a guy who can use hand techniques slightly reminiscent of old school kung fu films (Donnie Yen) and a guy who can use Nunchakus ( seriously it was pretty good though). The action is quite unique, its like HK but faster paced and with added cool factor (half the fights are one guy vs an army), a little wire work (not CTHD style) with a touch of comic book style (hitting people through walls, shield making). One the whole the fight scenes very entertaining.

I would give the film about 7/10.
Posted by: Rumble

Re: Dragon Tiger Gate - 10/08/06 03:05 AM

Nope I beat you to it saw it in August lol It has a decent story plot but better fight scenes.The only problem with all Donnys movie is that he makes himself too powerful lol even the main monster bad guy at the end had no chance against Super Donnie lol....

Re: Dragon Tiger Gate - 10/12/06 12:32 PM

Just watched it.

The story was good although a bit confusing about the whole mafia thing. Returning the gold signet is an insult??

The actions scenes are good and fitting for a "marvel-remake". Donnie does his actions good but his emotional scenes weren't really that good, c'mon he could have cried when the girl died.

7/10 from me

-Taison out