Naruto

Posted by: baby_bwoy

Naruto - 07/24/06 02:45 PM

Hey guys, if you're anywhere near your teens or even if your an adult you must have heard of either one of these animes..narutos about an aspiring ninja who lives in a village who specify in training ninjas..i think it stays quite true to the myth of ninjas using different techniques and tactics to completing their missions..i just wanted to see if anyone else watches the series b/c its got me hooked, so if any of you guys get i chance i really think you should check it out.. for uk maist its showin on jetix now at 8pm..bless
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Naruto - 07/24/06 03:36 PM

I think the anime is taking the bad turn that lots of animes take. Start off well, in sync with the original manga and then have caught up and need 'filler episodes' while the main story is being written in the manga. There are more and more fillers which go absolutely nowhere and everyone loses interest/it gets cancelled.

I definately lost interest, I thought it had an OK start, though slightly boring, a fantastic middle and the episodes being aired now are all fillers and theyre all terrible. I saw about 15 fillers before I vowed to not watch the series until its back on track with the manga, I havent checked recently.

As a rule of thumb, longer anime always seem to have this wandering off the plot so its best to stick with the shorter anime. Shorter anime, like 26 episodes stick to the story line and are done. I loved Cowboy bebop and Samurai Champloo.

The only Ninja anime I like is Ninja Scroll (I fail to see the Ninja part in the name as the main character is a samurai who kills demon thingies). It started with the movie which is fantastic in every way, one of the best anime movies out there,(not recommended to anyone under the age of 18). Then there was the mini series, which though wasnt great packed a lot of action in to it with the underlying philosophy 'Jubei is a bada$$'.

Babybwoy, please use more punctuation and capitalisation, it may make sense to you but its quite difficult to comprehend in that state.
Posted by: ChronicGMV

Re: Naruto - 07/24/06 04:32 PM

I wish that Naruto stayed true to a little more fact. I've never heard of Ninja who doesn't even use what makes them a ninja! Stealth!The only time they used stealth was on a dog. WTF! And then a little in the Forest of Death but other than that, boo! I liked the series a lot in the beginning because they actually used strategy to win their battles instead of "ZOMFG I'M STRONGER THAN YOU" stuff, but the series has gotten really retarded. I stopped watching Naruto at ep 58, but I caught some eps that I heard were interesting like the final chuunin exam, the Gaara fight, Itachi, and that's probably it. I mean... there is no way in hell you can actually think that a little boy turning into a flying demon is cool (Sasuke). I thought he was pretty cool in his first form of that Cursed Seal and hell, even that (2nd form one?) weird yellow eyeball was cool, but you just gace the guy wings... That's is extremely gay.

So if anyone is interested in fantasy-like ninja, the first 3 or 4 seasons of Naruto MAY be what you're looking for since those were awesome. But after that, just do yourself a favor and quit watching.

Re: Naruto - 07/24/06 04:49 PM

you are right, thats exactly where you should stop watching, the following episodes are very substandard.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Naruto - 07/25/06 12:26 AM

I didn't like Naruto that much.

The manga was way better than the series, had too many fillers by the time the story continued, it had me lost. I was constantly saying "Where am I?". Then I had to go back and review the old events. Too many fillers.

Ninja scroll was bada$$. Best ninja anime in my opinion.

I like the Rurouni Kenshin anime [Samurai X in the west]. Good story, awesome fights but a bit too many fillers between each story line. So when one story ended, expect 5-6 fillers, and then a new story.

A manga that I'm reading now is "Samurai Deeper". Good story, especially the hero isn't a hero. He's just evil and happens to kill baddies as well. ^_^

-Taison out

Re: Naruto - 07/25/06 10:26 AM

I love Rurouni Kenshin, the whole third series was fillers though which was really sad. The second series set the bar really really high with makoto Shishio storyline. I think the manga had a good storyline from book 18 onwards which is relevent to Kenshins past which I need to check out. The OVAs were fantastic too.