MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1

Posted by: JoelM

MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/16/06 07:15 PM

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=0AFC9F67-97D3-421B-888D-01A25720EBB7&f=msnhome&fg=copy

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/16/06 08:44 PM

Man them girls are HOT! All of those guys are wusses, I'm tougher than all of them (hence my ranking ). I will continue to watch this horrible show for the fine ladies and to assure myself that i am not the wost martial artist in the world! Thank Jesus for TUF!
Posted by: Borrek

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/16/06 10:40 PM

I think I threw up a little in my mouth when Mr. Final Fu was prepping the sparring match and said "remember to play to your judges..."

...then they started fighting and I was immediately embarrassed for them all and sad that some poor soul out there will think martial arts actually happened on that show.

thank god this is only aired on mtv2 and no one will see it =)
Posted by: Ayub

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 06:17 AM

What did the challenge through the wires have to do with martial arts skill??

The challenges on the British martial arts reality show, Fight School all tested balance, coordination, or actual martial skill in one way or another.

The show wasnt very entertaining as a whole, and thats for a martial artist. Not good viewing.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 11:09 AM

Did those "guardians" have XMA gi's on?

*retching*
Posted by: Raul Perez

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 12:40 PM

I just urinated on my computer screen after watching it.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 12:46 PM

I'm not sure how to take that....
Posted by: Tezza

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 04:33 PM

Its programmes like this that give M.A a bad name. What was the first challenge about? Nothing to do with Martial Arts apart from seeing their control.
Its exactly the same as Fight School for anyone that saw that.
Still I will watch it for the laughs.
Cheers for the link and if you find a link for the second episode please post it.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 08:34 PM

ARG...someone beat me to it....

Matt I put it up on the TKD forum since so may of the contestants are TKD stylist.
Posted by: steelwater

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/17/06 11:37 PM

Just watched it on TV.

That may have been the worst show ever.
EVER.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 07:33 AM

I never realised that Matt Mullins was going to be in it. He was the one that was in the Discorvery Channel XMA programme.I was disapointed with his performance in the first episode.
For a bio on all the characters:

Click Here
Posted by: Steel91

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 12:06 PM

I haven't watched it yet, but from looking at the bios on the site, it just disgusts the hell outa me that they call themselves "fighters" if they got n a real fight, a lot of em' would probably end up

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 12:13 PM

agreed most of them are XMA students.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 01:10 PM

I'm infuriated... this show makes me want to go out and dropkick a baby.
Posted by: DeathComesRippin

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 02:40 PM

Quote:

I'm infuriated... this show makes me want to go out and dropkick a baby.

Carefull...I'm pretty sure whatever baby you choose will put up a better fight then those final fu contestants. Is there going to be ANY full head contact on the show? Probably not. I'm sure they want to protect their pretty faces and ridiculous hair cuts or else they'd cry. Why did they have to make the show so cheesy? Power move? wtf I don't see Ryu or Goku on the show. How about a right hook to the jaw. Sheesh.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 05:51 PM

Yea whats up with the power move!?! This ain't no video game! That sparring was ridiculous. My wife spars better than that...no wait my daughter, and shes only a 2nd degree white belt and 5 .
The whole thing reminds me of a bad video game! The girls are hot though .
Posted by: Mandolynn

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/18/06 11:32 PM

What the hell is up with the EMC/XMA guy slamming American Karate. I don't know much about American Karate, but I know an aerial to 360 gyro ain't gonna win a fight. This show is rediculous.

And why is Matt Mullins freaking EVERYWHERE?!?!
Posted by: bo-ken

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/19/06 01:28 AM

I thought it was crap and there isn't much more I can say. Plus jump spinning kicks are worth more points I hate it.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/19/06 02:52 AM

when I saw the commercial I was kind of excited, when I finally saw the show....

The main thing that got me mad was that basically all the contestants were TKD guys, not thats there anything wrong with the art but theres no variety in the show. And then theres the few Karate people and a good number of XMAists.
Wheres the Kungfu in Final Fu?? Where are the rest of the 1230123 MAs out there? Bad show! though the girls are pretty hot...How come I dont encounter girls like these during my training?? Nice try MTV...try harder next time.

and I was surprised about the host. I forgot his name but he was in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and in the Rundown with the Rock. Why he ever did this show?

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/19/06 09:26 AM

There are thirty contestants in all, this episode only showed 10. You do the math.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/19/06 09:41 AM

hahah Joel, good catch I didnt even notice
so thats why there were less girls...

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/19/06 09:49 AM

Good thing about XMA girls....flexible.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 06:33 AM

Some more clips:

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/842/842512/vids_1.html

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 12:15 PM

I hate the sparring part of the show because a guy can just keep tapping the other person with their fist and gain like 5 points from throwing a punch with no power behind it. Kind of like knocking on a door with your fist. Its dumb because "power moves" wont exactly stop your opponent from attacking. He'll just take the light kick to his arm and then punch you so yea......

And I dont like the obstacle course either as not all MA uses Bo staffs or breaks boards (well in this show they all do aparently). MTV messed up..
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 01:44 PM

That most recent episode of the show is the only one I've ever seen...
WTF?!?!?!
That was hands down the DUMBEST display of MMA (moronic martial arts) that I have ever witnessed!
On that obstacle course, why did they include a staff for a bunch of XMA brats that have obviously NEVER USED ONE IN THEIR LIFE! They couldn't even figure out to jab the ends of it into the boards to do maximum damage for breaking - they actually MISSED more times than they hit!
The "sparring", don't get me started - I know technique can turn to crap when put into fighting applications, but this crap, oh man. THAT WAS SOME CRAP. Two chicks locking up and trading waist level hay makers that couldn't knock a ball off a cone and had about as much snap as dog poo.
And what's with all the stupid grunting noises the contestants constantly make?!
Shameful. Ernie Reyes Jr. should be ashamed of himself. I don't get what's interesting about a bunch of XMAists who are obviously more concerned with their hair than their skills.
This show gets the Shikata "get the h3ll off my planet award" for 2006.
Chumps

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 05:11 PM

hahah I actually thought the 2 girls trading blows was actually more damaging than watching the guys just tap each other with punches....

Yea the weapons part I really disagree with because different arts teach different weapons and some arts dont even have weapons, or very little.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 07:22 PM

Should have been called the final FOOL!
Posted by: JasonM

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/20/06 08:05 PM

Man, I just watched it for the first time abou 3 minutes ago. And all I can say is, r they serious? One person that trained in American Karate kept turning their back and when they got tagged, lightly in the face I thought she was gonna cry. The "sparring" was baaad....IMO
Posted by: Dereck

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 02:23 AM

Never heard of it or seen it advertised, I suspect we don't get it up here in my neck of the woods in Canada. Looked at their bios and some seem impressive enough but only one person weights 190 lbs, one weighs 180 lbs, one weighs 175 lbs and the rest are all buggy whips for weight; not dismissing their ability though.

I watched 2 clips and that was enough. They are pretty limited to what they can actually do which I think hurts them and makes their arts look whimpy. Nobody throwing power shots, you can't kick to the head and everything is with control ... or mostly controlled. I don't know all of the rules and not even sure I really care. It would be interesting to watch a whole program but something tells me that I would turn it off or grit my teeth through it. How does somebody like me who watches MMA bring myself down to this level for entertainment?

I think the show has a strangle hold on their abilities but I think that they are looking for other viewers then MMA viewers. This isn't hardcore though I know from my own training that it can be exhausting. I'm sure many of these people are good at what they do so I won't take anything away from them.

Each their own but not for me.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 02:40 AM

I've caught parts of a couple of episodes, and I share everyone's feelings about the show; just another poor "martial arts" show displaying the sad state of the mainstream representation and perception of martial "ish" stuff (a la Discovery's XMA show). I usually don't mind such drivel, but the fact that people accept these things as true martial art and as the most highly evolved forms of martial art and artists does bother me...a lot.

The sparring they are doing is very common these days, called continuous sparring. Simply an attempt at making modern point sparring (or pillow tag) more "realistic." Yeah right. It is supposed to allow head striking though, and they exclude that in this show.
Typically technique becomes even worse in continuous than in point; certainly in no way a good test of any martial skill. Being good at point or continuous sparring means your good at, well. point or continuous sparring!!!

Final Fu doesn't even rank among crappy shows that are still good and fun to watch...like American Gladiators...yeah, I'd rather watch that!

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 02:43 AM

Quote:

Final Fu doesn't even rank among crappy shows that are still good and fun to watch...like American Gladiators...yeah, I'd rather watch that!

Well I get that show.
Posted by: ChronicGMV

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 07:16 AM

That sparring was horrible. rofl.. I don't think Hans or that girl knew how to throw a punch :|
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 10:24 AM

And what was up with the gay guy. "I am just here to prove that gay people have talents to."

Yeah tapping someones leg and flipping around definitley proves a lot. I would smash his face in

Matt
Posted by: spoonhammer

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/21/06 05:31 PM

If this show had eyes, I would stab them.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/22/06 12:05 PM

just saw the show for the first time...30 seconds into it I heard the ref say "illegal hit to face!" and I knew it would be a waste of time watching more. lol

final foo = lame mcsparring.
Posted by: Crash

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/23/06 12:11 PM

"gay guys can fight too" sorry but none of you gymnasts can fight!
Posted by: Eric4444

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/23/06 11:32 PM

"I knew so and so was going to win because he has really fancy spinning kicks."
Posted by: Crash

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/24/06 10:43 AM

"my power move is a jump spinning back kick"

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/24/06 10:59 AM

In the last episode of the first week, there was a lot of "intense" fighting between two guys. There was a comment by another competitor to the effect of "If they keep punching to the head, somebody's going to get hurt"
Posted by: ChronicGMV

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/24/06 04:33 PM

lol MTV shows are funny
Posted by: Eveal

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/26/06 09:13 AM

I am going to give this show the benefit of the doubt here because I follow alot of the sport martial art side. These guys are not calling themselves the be best fighters in the world nor are the comparing themselves the any other type of MA. This is purly for sports side of the martial arts this is not for pound for pound fighting.

Alot of these guys/girls are great form champions some traditional and some creative but its still martial arts. They may have flashy techniques and crazy intro antics but look at how in shape they are and well tuned for martial arts. Remember they train passionately for sport/ tournament orientated events and as we all don't know they may be profiecient in other aspects as well.

Hearing alot of you claim your wife can fight better or they fight like crap is kind of contridictory to some of the other post I read that most of you write on here. We know these guys are athletes and I bet alot of the people hiding behind there computers can't complete most of the events.

By the way they have an application form on their website some look at it if you are interested because I may try it myself and I can tell you I know how to and under certain rules I know my restrains and my control thats the path of a martial artist.

Push yourself past limitations and keep your mind open to new things and drive yourself to further your training.

-Brandon-

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/26/06 09:28 AM

This is similar to what I said as well. I take nothing away from these individuals I just think the show's rules limit them of what they can do and that is why it looks as it does. You don't have to like it but you can't judge each individual from this stuff.

Eveal, very well said.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/26/06 10:12 AM

It's also ok to think it's lame. And not watch it.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/26/06 11:22 AM

good point eveal
but i think most of us can say that we werent dissappointed by the fighters but the actual show itself. Its like telling wrestlers that they cant grab each other or giving a boxer a pair of nunchaku and telling him to use it when he obviously doesnt know how to.

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 07/26/06 11:27 AM

Not quite, Mxyzpltlk. These people excell at this point sparring. There are many "champions" of these exact type of competitions, that is why they are on this show.

This is not what most people on this site do and is not very close to full contact/mma type competition or self defense training. It looks silly to most people here because of the rules, which is fine. You do what you want, they'll do what they want. But this is not something they haven't done before, they are all old hands at this. (except for the guy who punched the other in the neck, he may need to make the moe to TUF )

Re: MTV2 Final Fu Episode 1 - 08/01/06 10:51 AM

Anyone got any more clips from it? Heres an article on the series:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=672