seven swords

Posted by: baby_bwoy

seven swords - 07/14/06 01:31 PM

hey guys..i jus borrowed a movie from my friend called seven swords..im just half way through it, but i have to say i think its quite good...i like the fact how although they're all swords men, they have unique swords accustomed to their abilities...its got the usual plot line ' all ma is band and a tyran is killing people for money until soem amazing guys try n stop him'...so for u ma movies fans i say its a good watch..4 out of 5 stars...bless
Posted by: Cord

Re: seven swords - 07/14/06 02:04 PM

unless I am mistaken, its a Kung Fu interpretation of Kurosawa's '7 samurai', which was translated into the wild West as 'The Magnificent 7'.
its a good story, and works well in any context, but the Wire-fu had better be bloody spectacular to get me to watch yet another version of a story already turned into two cinematic classics.
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: seven swords - 07/15/06 03:30 AM

honestly it was hyped up to be so much more but it fell a little short. I mean it had Donnie Yen and hes the man but camera angles and technique didnt do too much to show the Kungfu-ness of the fights and stuff but the story was entertaining. Not a bad movie but coulda been so much better, 7 out of 10