xioalin showdown

Posted by: baby_bwoy

xioalin showdown - 05/31/06 09:37 AM

hey guys...just wondering if any of you guys are stil littl ekids at heart at watch this show..i think its great man...the setting is a group of xioalin warriors in training set of to find mystical objects..in my opinion they have a great view of shaolin life as well as poking a little fun at the sterotypes...has anyone else seen this show..or any other new cartoons with an ma based story line...bless
Posted by: IExcalibui2

Re: xioalin showdown - 06/09/06 09:51 AM

this cartoon didnt click with me too well, especially with the Asian guy being depicted basically with a pacman head. But I just find many cartoons out there today to be low in quality, nothing compared to the shows of times before. Though I do have to say Justice League is

I don't know does The Batman count as one?? Batman is a MAist, haha.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: xioalin showdown - 06/09/06 05:27 PM

Quote:

this cartoon didnt click with me too well, especially with the Asian guy being depicted basically with a pacman head. But I just find many cartoons out there today to be low in quality, nothing compared to the shows of times before.

Bring back Hong Kong Phooey anyday.
I have only seen it a few times and I understand where you are coming from with your comments baby_bwoy but its not something I can watch all the time. Although this is only my opinion.
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: xioalin showdown - 06/10/06 01:43 AM

haha you guys forget the "Target Audience" which is more important than the script itself when froming a show.

The old Spiderman (early 90's) X-Men (Early 90's) Justice League, Batman/Superman (Early 90's) have a slightly higher "target audience" a little more serious

Xiaolin showdown is for ages 4-9 (not joking) so it's more silly and goofy or course. I just like the way they name their moves ("Shakespeare frying dog" ... LOL)
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: xioalin showdown - 06/12/06 09:19 PM

My 5 yr old niece likes that show,& she likes it,So if she likes Xaolin Showdown,I Like it aswell.

Btw what's the deal with that round headed kid?
Posted by: SpeedyGonzales

Re: xioalin showdown - 06/13/06 07:32 AM

Extreme parody of Shaolin (yellow, bald, somewhat egotistical and showy) dots on head.

If you watched Dargonball or Dragonball Z/GT then Krillin (spelling) is the same way.