Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution

Posted by: SubZero

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/25/06 04:42 AM

Has anyone played this game? It has a girl whose style is Aikijutsu, in addition to an assassin whose style is judo (I guess once he slaps on hadaka jime he doesn't care if you tap or not...LOL). I'm thinking about checking it out through gamefly.

Anyone?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/25/06 05:24 AM

it is superb. by far the best incarnation of VF so far. apart from the usuall involving gameplay, you also get the chance to customise your characters clothing as you progress through ranks ie. the more fights you win the harder your AI oponents become, and the more rewards you get for for winning.
There is also an indepth challenge mode, and a 'world arcade' where you can pit your skill against AI modelled on the worlds top virtua fighter players (mostly Japanese).

As with any fighting game, it comes into its own in 2 player mode, but it is an involving 1 player challenge.

i like both the Tekken and VF series of games, yet they are different,and some people only take to one and not the other. they are both great games however, and deservedly popular. Tekken is a little more accessible to beginners, but has hidden depth, VF is just deep from word go, and has to be learned the hard way from the beginning- frustrating, but very satisfying.

its an old game, so check ebay/amazon for used copies- should be cheap as air, and will be an outstanding purchase
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/25/06 09:22 AM

I think its safe to say that what Cord said goes for anyone who has experienced the game. Fantastic game. All the characters have great depth. Just, dont give up too easily, it gets exponentially better with time.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/25/06 02:28 PM

I have to agree with you Cord,

Its a great game but can be frustrating.
Below is a link for the game, it shows a few videos of the game if you are interested:

Link
Posted by: Crash

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/28/06 08:42 PM

I rented this game, personally I found it to be crap.
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/28/06 08:51 PM

You thought it was crap?! In other news...50 Cent: Bulletproof sold 1 million copies.

What is the world coming to...?

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/29/06 04:55 AM

I bought 50 cent Bulletproof- I was hoping it would be like Def Jam NY but with guns. Loaded it up, played it for no more than 6 minutes, took the disk out and went back to the shop for a refund.

WORST.GAME.EVER.

i looked on youtube at the VF5 demo's. There is a 4 round fight on there between Aoshi and a new guy who is essentialy Rey Mysterio from WWE. It is like watching a movie, the graphics are that good.
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 05/29/06 06:00 AM

If you went to see more, heres a wealth of VF5 Media. http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2532 with all your favourite characters.

From what I see there are two new characters in the game. Eileen who uses some form of KungFu, she seems to fight just like Lion with his Preying Mantis KungFu. El Blaze who looks a carbon copy of Rey Mysterio Jr, except he has an arsenal of kicks and unches too of course.

The visuals look stunning.

Crash: this game takes longer to fully appreciate. In the beginning its just a frustration of random punches and kicks thrown in a haphazard manner.
Posted by: SubZero

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/15/06 07:05 PM

Update: I went ahead and just bought it. Probably $15-$20. So far I've just been playing mostly as Goh(?) the judo assassin. Osotogari! Uchimata! Armbar!
Posted by: Taison

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/24/06 11:31 AM

I usually play as either Akira, Goh or Jacky.

I'm most fond of Goh, as everything takes timing and perfect execution. You can't really go in and grab like Wolf, you need to rely on openings and other stuff for heavy damage. Goh is fun to play, as you have to think.

Akira is hard to pick up and play. But once you master him I can only say he's pure ownage. That's some heavy firepower he packs with his elbows.

Jacky is fun if you play JKD style. If you spam, he's boring. By JKD, I mean shuffle, fakes, pak sao and other mindgames. Jacky is rated as no.1 most annoying characters when played skillfully. You just don't know if you should attack or not. He totally controls the tempo and speed of the game.

-Taison out

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/24/06 08:50 PM

Akira and Kage for me! Same as i have been using since VF1 in the arcades
Posted by: boxing_kid

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/25/06 01:06 AM

yeah 50 cent bullet proof is a horrible game, anybody like to play fight night? fight night round 3 for xbox 360 is insane the grpahics r unbelievable

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/25/06 10:02 AM

Quote:

yeah 50 cent bullet proof is a horrible game, anybody like to play fight night? fight night round 3 for xbox 360 is insane the grpahics r unbelievable

the graphics are good, but what did they do to the gameplay? Its sooo slow . I much prefer Fight night round 2, though I will be interested to see how they incorporate the motion sensors in the PS3 controllers into the control system for FN3, it may add a new dimension to it.
Posted by: ShangTsung

Re: Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 08/26/06 10:44 AM

50 cent is a mug who likes to act hard and make kids think hes hard and a gansta. So to prove his super gangsta fighting skills he commisions a game which shows him beating everybody up just like he can do i real live. His music is sold mostly to kids who are impressional, they listen to it loads and end up thinking there hard. Although i must admit def jam ny is quite a good game i enjoy smashing sena pauls head against the walls. shame theres no 50 cent in it as id really enjoy smacking him about