DOOM

Posted by: Cord

DOOM - 04/20/06 01:16 PM

I got the DVD as an easter gift. After being a player since Doom 1, and having read mixed reviews, I was very nervous about watching what could have been an awful movie. I WAS WRONG!! This movie kicks a$$ in every way possible. It is essentialy an homage to 'Aliens', but done well, with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson once again lifting some fairly safe genre material to another level of enjoyment. The sets and atmosphere are really evocative of Doom 3 more than old school doom, and the monster designs reflect that, as does the 1st person perspective action sequence (very well done BTW).
To cap it all off, you get a nifty fistfight as the end finale.

I dare say that some hardcore doom geeks will find much to b1tch about, but for those who like kick a$$ action movies on a saturday night you could do far far worse
Posted by: Dereck

Re: DOOM - 04/20/06 01:48 PM

Loved DOOM the game (all versions) ... the movie, just barely liked. It was entertaining enough but was just missing something. I like Dwayne Johnson and why I went, not to mention I liked DOOM. I might have enjoyed this better seeing it at home rather then in the movie theatre ... kind of like Dawn of The Dead or Resident Evil. Also what I didn't like about the movie was the 1st person persepective. A neat idea but it did nothing for me and on the big screen it actually made me sort of dizzy.

I will give this movie 6 kernels of popcorn out of 10.
Posted by: GuitarNinja

Re: DOOM - 04/20/06 11:34 PM

I agree with both of you, i thought it was crappy, and a kick ass movie too.. lol ... when the first person perspective came on I was like WHOA!!! That rocked, best part... id like to see dwayne in some better written stories though.
Posted by: Ayub

Re: DOOM - 04/21/06 05:33 AM

Quote:

id like to see dwayne in some better written stories though.

WWE isnt badly written