"Out for a Kill"

Posted by: wristtwister

"Out for a Kill" - 04/16/06 05:31 PM

Well guys, while I have great respect for Steven Segal's aikido skills once upon a time, his movie "Out for a Kill" sucks pond water. Not only was the script poorly done, but the martial arts sequences were amateurish and childish.

Unfortunately, the retail outlet where I bought it doesn't give refunds on DVD's... Oh well, another gag gift for some real martial artist... because it will surely make him gag...

Posted by: Cord

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/17/06 03:03 AM

Aw come on now, the last vaguely respectable movie he made was 'Glimmer Man', and that was what- 9 years ago?!

Are you really suprised that his new one blows goats? I'm not

Look up 'Segal' in the dictionary and you find it is a generic term that can be used as an alternative to any of the following words.

'Frown' eg. 'why the segal? cheer up mate!'

'Fat' eg. 'Man, I am Segal! must have put on 20lbs over Christmas!'

'Domestic violence' eg. 'they were arguing right in the middle of the street, then he just upped and Segal'd her!'

The guy is a moron, its just now he is a moron who cant do fight scenes, making him completely useless to mankind.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/17/06 06:04 PM

LMAO Cord.

I do that all the time at work ie;

"I just ate a huge lunch! I really have to take a (manager's name) and wipe my (other co-worker's name)."

Needless to say, I haven't been promoted in some time.

So, a new sentence could go like this:

"Man, that new Billy Blanks movie was bad. I have to go take a Jean-Claude Van-Damme and wipe my Steven Seagal."

Posted by: wristtwister

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/18/06 08:56 PM

Like most of the idiots in Hollywood, I'm afraid that Mr. Segal started believing all that stuff he was showing in the scripts. "Out for a Kill" turned out to be very comical, and was obviously designed for the audience who are such mental midgets that they believe that people can jump up on walls and stay there...

Believability???

Posted by: eyrie

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/19/06 02:57 AM

If it's THAT bad, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Um... the wife is a bit of a Seagal fan...
Posted by: BrianS

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/19/06 03:33 AM

Quote:

Sure she is,eyrie.

"My eyrie hurt so bad the doctor prescribed me a bottle of shoshinkan. Unfortunately,the side effects gave me the jansens."
Posted by: eyrie

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/19/06 05:29 AM

She is... how do you think we met?
Posted by: Cord

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/19/06 06:06 AM

Quote:

Like most of the idiots in Hollywood, I'm afraid that Mr. Segal started believing all that stuff he was showing in the scripts.

Segal did it the other way around- he marketed himself to the studio's as having a murky secret service/special forces past, and made them beleive he could bring that experience into the movies, hence most of his characters have a similar biopic- Chef (who happens to be ex special forces), Cop (who happens to be special forces), special forces (who used to be extra specail forces). You get the idea.

Of course when he was asked to provide tangible proof of such an RL background, he could conveniently claim Govt. secrets act and balck ops protocol prevented him from giving details, and of course no records would be available to check in the public domain

He is the highest profile VTG ever and while I like his early fight scenes, I think he licks ball$ as an actor and a person.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: "Out for a Kill" - 04/19/06 10:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sure she is,eyrie.

"My eyrie hurt so bad the doctor prescribed me a bottle of shoshinkan. Unfortunately,the side effects gave me the jansens."