Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie

Posted by: OneInchPunchMaster

Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie - 03/10/06 11:54 PM

Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie is definately ULTIMATE. This is a MUST have video for anyone interested in the UFC or simply what Royce does.In this DVD, Mike Goldberg and Royce Gracie comment on some of the matches Royce had back in UFC 1 and 2. You get to see some very interesting matches and get to hear some VERY interesting comments from Royce. The video doesnt show the full matches, though it shows some of the shots of the matches. One of his most interesting matches has to be his first, where Royce just goes ontop of his opponent and he taps out. Royce comments that the guy got scared and shouted, "Get off me! Get off me!". The guy tapped, the referee didnt know what to do. The guy tapped again and finally the referee stopped the match. Another is when he was fighting a guy that was a big fan of him. Everytime Royce came into the Dressing Room after his match, the guy used to shout "Com' on Gracie! Yea! Lets go Gracie!". When Royce faced him, Royce took him the floor and the guy started shouting, "Nice job Gracie! Yea! Com' On!".
Some very interesting matches.

A must have for any Gracie fan,
Posted by: Cord

Re: Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie - 03/11/06 02:57 AM

Somehow I dont think Mat Hughes will give him such an easy ride At least it sounds like he acknowledges that much of his success came from the ignorance of his oponents, not necessarily his overwhelming skill.
He is a great fighter no doubt, but I think he is gonna get spanked on his return to the modern UFC.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie - 03/11/06 09:52 AM

Quote:

One of his most interesting matches has to be his first, where Royce just goes ontop of his opponent and he taps out. Royce comments that the guy got scared and shouted, "Get off me! Get off me!". The guy tapped, the referee didnt know what to do.

LMAO. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to read that. I love watching the early UFCs.
Posted by: BrianS

Re: Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie - 03/11/06 02:23 PM

I've always wondered what was being said between opponents and if there was any smack talking. hmmm
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Legends of the Octagon - Ultimate Royce Gracie - 03/12/06 12:42 PM

Love hearing this stuff. I'm with Cord, Royce doesn't know what he is getting into with Matt Hughes. I don't doubt Royce's ability and technique ... but I believe I heard back sometime that Royce was one of the lesser qualified Gracie's and that his fight with that exceptionally large guy in K-1 that if he didn't win that the family was not going to be too happy with him. None the less I believe Matt is a different kind of fighter then he's been up against ... and I'm not a Matt fan ... but I can respect his fighting skills.

Thanks for the Gracie memories.