Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves

Posted by: Ayub

Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/18/06 07:45 AM

Just thought I would let anyone know that you can buy this ten part series on Play.com at a super price of £4.99!!

Those from other countries (not sure if you'll be able to buy it actually) or those who didnt catch the series. Its about a Brit called Chris Crudelli who travels to Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and the Phillipines to learn about different MAs and talks to a lot of the masters. He himself is a Kungfu practitioner, I am not sure what styles but he is familiar with internal MA. I watched most of the series and it was pretty good!

Well its out of stock at the moment but it'll be dispatched as soon as it gets in. My order is already placed so get in line guys and girls
Posted by: Cord

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/18/06 04:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up! £5 is a bargain. On the whole it was a good series, though he did seek to 'mystify' the MA a bit. And his SD demonstrations and tips were awful. The MAists he visits make it worth watching though, and he himself goes up in my estimation after the footage of him sparring the filipino MAists- he can certainly fight, which is more than can be said of Josette Normandeu on the terrible 'Deadly Arts' series- you would have to pay me £5 to own that one
Posted by: northern_monkey

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/18/06 08:29 PM

i kept my eye out for this on play but read your thread first, it's ordered and on its way.
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/19/06 03:34 PM

I bought it when it first came out its gone down in price very quick. £5 what a bargain.
What was your favourite episode?
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/23/06 06:02 PM

Quote:

which is more than can be said of Josette Normandeu on the terrible 'Deadly Arts' series- you would have to pay me £5 to own that one

You are right about Josette, I always thought she was a Savateur until I saw the savate episode.. but I did think it was a bit unfair that they made her fight the most experienced female Savate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing Champ they could find . So what does the lass do then?
Posted by: TwistingKick

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/24/06 04:35 AM

Aikido
Posted by: McSensei

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 02/24/06 03:33 PM

If you enjoyed the series I believe that there is another due out soon.
More info can be got from the producer of the series, Will Henshaw at the MBKAM/Shikon forum here...

http://www.shikon.com/forum/index.php
Posted by: harlan

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 06/30/06 02:28 PM

Just another site on the topic:

http://www.kungfuscience.org/access.asp

He plugs FA.com here (see forces of aikido/judo links):

http://www.kungfuscience.org/access_13_linksandresources.asp
Posted by: Tezza

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/01/06 09:30 AM

Thanks for the link. See every has got to love FA.com
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/09/06 01:04 PM

Hello everyone. I'm trying to order Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves on play they keep declining my credit card.

Here's the problem. They say the address that I supply doesn't match up to my credit card one. This is because play.com make postcode a required field and I have no poscode, since I am an Irish resident. I have tried 0000 and 1234, but they don't seem to work, I've emailed them and they don't respond and their helpline is always engaged.

Can anyone help me with what I could, because I really want that DVD!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/09/06 02:07 PM

I have every episode for this on my computer. There are 10 episodes in total and each are approximately 149 MB. I am able to send these via e-mail if you would like, probably one at a time for most people if they don't have big enough space. Are you able to receive these size files? If so let me know and I will send them to you.
Posted by: Crash

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/09/06 07:50 PM

I've never seen this show, what channel do they play it on? I argee with you about the "deadly arts" show it was pretty sad, no wonder there were only like 6 episodes, she was pretty much garbage as a martial artist, the Muay Thai episode was really sad. My dream job would be to star on a show like this, I'd bust my a$$ to make it a good show.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/11/06 02:16 PM

Quote:

I have every episode for this on my computer. There are 10 episodes in total and each are approximately 149 MB. I am able to send these via e-mail if you would like, probably one at a time for most people if they don't have big enough space. Are you able to receive these size files? If so let me know and I will send them to you.

Probably not a good idea mate... it'll mea you have to upload each one - that'll probably take a few days, even on cable (your 'push' or upload speed is much slower than download, or 'pull). And then the e-mail server will pull a hissy fit because the file's too large... really not worth doing
Posted by: Board Room

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/11/06 06:42 PM

You can now buy MB&KAM from many retail outlets and online stores such as Amazon. Although I dont know if they have produced an NTSC version yet. Just do a kelkoo or google search.

HTH

B R
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves - 07/12/06 04:18 PM

Thanks for all the help lads. I got through to play and they sorted me out. It seems to be a common occurance with all their Irish customers.