A TV Commercial

Posted by: Xaith

A TV Commercial - 12/10/05 06:25 PM

I saw this commercial on a humor site. I wasn't sure it was real so I looked it up. Here it is:
Team Chip videos

It's the link labeled "Dragon Commercial." Just putting this out there. I don't know the place so I can't comment on them.

I thought this forum would appreciate it the most.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/10/05 09:29 PM

you seriously have adverts like that in the states? thank god i don't live there i would have gone on a shooting spree already. but other wise thanks for brightening up my half two in the morning internet ramblings!
Posted by: Subedei

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/11/05 07:04 AM

Quote:

you seriously have adverts like that in the states? thank god i don't live there i would have gone on a shooting spree already. but other wise thanks for brightening up my half two in the morning internet ramblings!

Yeah, and unlike some people we have more than enough guns for that over here!

Man, they have some funny videos on there. This is truly a McDojo.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/13/05 12:59 PM

*laughing hysterically*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG

Peppy, but yikes! Chi blasts and Dragons do not a confidence inspiring commercial make.

But funny, hell yes!
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/13/05 06:36 PM

Haha, this has to be the most random MA commercial ever. Totally McDojo. Every kid was a black belt and what on Earth is going on with their acrobatics? I trained TKD formally for 9 years and I've never seen such rubbish as this in that time.
Posted by: Ives

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/14/05 06:58 AM

Kick it indeed!!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/14/05 01:36 PM

So Chip had an eye patch for doing his breaks ... what happened to his eye patch later? Was it just for cool looks? Or he didn't want to get splinters in his eye?

Okay I will admit I don't know anything about Chip so I won't make the assumption that it is a McDojo. Chip may have all the skills in the world and may be a good teacher so I won't take anything away from him. He likes doing demos that other schools also like to do "throughout" the world so I can't say this makes it a McDojo. However all of the demos are a little overboard especially lying on glass and then having concrete smashed on his chest.

Note: Post 1968 ... oh what a good year that was.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/14/05 09:38 PM

That was some funny stuff. I loved after they all leaned back, the kid who got up into the fighting stance.

Loved the flying Side kicks.

Classic stuff right there.
*Walks away huming "life is a kick so kick it."
Matt
Posted by: onb

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/15/05 03:07 PM

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry
maybe both

waahhhh - hahhahahh- waaaaahhhh
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/15/05 04:18 PM

If you think thats bad, I saw a commericial on TV. Last month advertising a "punching bag and video for kids". It said "you can become a "real" "Karate" master in 30 min. with the kicker and dvd for just $39.99"

That made me very mad, but it was also laughable as well.
Posted by: Mike_L

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/15/05 04:25 PM

Also, Chip Townsand is the ISKA 2004 and 2005 ultimate breaking champion. He is blind in his left eye. He is a very skilled and creative breaker, but his school is a mcdojo. And he himself is more of a Performer than a true martial artist. I think you have a problem when every 8 ear old at your school has a "black belt:!!!!!!! I don't care how good they are, There training is unrealistic compared to adult training and they don't deserve a black belt unless, they trained and tested the same way an adult black belt did! There are execeptions of course, but when your topping like 50 kids at the same school and have a commercial like that you almost have to be a mcdojo!

(Unless of course you are one of the very smart individuals who bout the "kicker and DVD, and trained for a full 30 min. then you are a true master, and I wont challenge you
Posted by: Subedei

Re: A TV Commercial - 12/16/05 05:46 PM

And breaking ability means what exactly?