Toughest MA Actor

Posted by: BrianS

Toughest MA Actor - 11/28/05 02:49 AM

Yep! It's a vs. thread on actors! Who is the toughest? Who would win in an actual film fight? Seagal? VanDamme? Li? No guns allowed! They've all been shot or stabbed and yet still managed to be victorious over the gang of bad guys!! Who is the toughest? I'll say Seagal,remember in Above the Law when he was captured and tortured,later he was shot also,but still kicked everyone's tail! lol.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/28/05 06:43 AM

In an actual fight my money is on Benny Urquidez. From the point of view of bravery and physical toughness, Jackie Chan has ball$ of steel! To work through so many injuries/bone breaks and keep working with the same fearless intensity into his 50's takes something extraordinary.
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/28/05 07:58 AM

As far as "Acting" goes, Seagal has that certain way about him. He definately can act like the toughest out of all of the MA actors thats for sure!

I also like the texas ranger character that Chuck Norris portrays in Walker. He acts pretty darn tough as well.

But I would also have to agree with Cord. Jackie Chan is the man. God...the pain he has endured through man, its almost super human! He really is the essence of "toughness" in my book!
Posted by: harlan

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/28/05 08:08 AM

Well, if it's about movies, not reality...I like Wesley Snipes.
Posted by: oldman

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/28/05 09:15 AM

Gene Lebell, No question. He was awarded his 9th dan in Judo from the Kodokan recently.

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/29/05 03:03 AM

Is Gene Lebell an actor? He's tough,no doubt!!

I watched the punisher today. That guy was shot,stabbed,blown up,and thrown into walls,but still managed to kill everyone in full view of the public without legal repricussions !!
Posted by: trevek

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/29/05 03:27 AM

Le Belle has done his bit in films, mainly as stunts/fight man.

Dolph Lundgren is my other vote.

That being said, Mr Miyagi would have handed them all their behinds in a sushi dish.
Posted by: eyrie

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 11/29/05 05:12 AM

Toshihiro Obata (shinkendo/aikijitsu). Played Shredder's main henchman in TNMT, and had various bit parts in many action flicks. He's apparently 5' tall and built like a brick sh!thouse.

Samo Hung (Martial Law) and longtime Jackie Chan sidekick.

And Jackie Chan of course!

Many of the well known fight choreographers are good fighters in their own right, e.g. Corey Yuen, Jeff Imada, Patrick McCarthy (yes! Pat showed me a photo of him and Steve Martin on the set of Roxanne, showing Steve how to throw a punch).
Posted by: SubZero

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/03/05 01:01 AM

Quote:

Gene Lebell, No question. He was awarded his 9th dan in Judo from the Kodokan recently.

I use my ninjitsu element of void form to ressurect this thread from beyond...or something.

I love Seagal's films, speaking of which, didn't Lebell choke out Seagal?

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/03/05 01:26 AM

As much as I like Steven Seagal, I don't think he's the toughest. IMHO, Jackie Chan is the toughest. At 55, he still does all his own stunts. The number of accidents he's had during filming, where stunts have gone very very wrong, it's amazing he's still in great form.

I've seen out takes of him breaking his leg on the set of Rumble in the Bronx, and then continuing to perform the stunts with his leg in a cast. Joe Average would have been side lined.

So Brian, we going to have a vote or what? Maybe have a short list of nominations and have everyone vote?

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/03/05 05:15 PM

I heard two stories, one was that LeBell lamped seagal one and Segal said he wasn't ready, whereby LeBelle did it again.

Second story is that LeBelle put him to sleep in a way that he filled his pants (Segal, that is) and left him sleeping in a wardrobe.

I'll reitterate Dolph Lundgren. Apparently was a serious Kyokoshinkai competitor at one time.
Posted by: SubZero

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/03/05 08:44 PM

trevek, my sensei told me the second version. About the...self-defecation and what not. lol

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/04/05 06:20 AM

Apparently it was why LeBelle never worked on a Segal film again.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/04/05 09:26 AM

Quote:

I'll reitterate Dolph Lundgren. Apparently was a serious Kyokoshinkai competitor at one time.

if you watch his film showdown in little tokyo he shows off his skills a lot. its also worth buying just to see the ten second clip where he woefully looks into the camera remembering his dead parents but looks ridiculous because of his cross eyes lol.

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/04/05 03:34 PM

Quote:

I heard two stories, one was that LeBell lamped seagal one and Segal said he wasn't ready, whereby LeBelle did it again.

Second story is that LeBelle put him to sleep in a way that he filled his pants (Segal, that is) and left him sleeping in a wardrobe.

My understanding is that this happened during the filming of 'Under Siege' and was the product of Segall shooting his mouth off in the mA press (magazines and whatnot). As i recall, he issued an open challenge to 'the old guard', such as La Belle, Norris, Bob Wall, Urquidez etc. As I recall he said he would give any of them who beat him $1000 dollars. Guess La Belle needed some stake money

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 12/04/05 04:08 PM

Wasn't that Bob Wall's "Dirty Dozen"?'Hina Matsuri' Segal had said he didnąt like Chuck Norris films and Bob wall accussed him of dissing Chuck. Wall then offered Segal out and Segal said something like only fighting to the death (allegedly), whereupon Wall got a load of names (apparently without many of these guys knowing what was really going on) and said he had a list of 12 guys who'd fight segal to the death.

LeBelle has spoken about the dirty dozen thing as costing him a lot of money through lost work.

I'd heard the knock-out came after segal (allegedly) had been throwing his weight around with stuntmen. LeBelle has not spoken of the incident, himself.
Posted by: tao_majick

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 01:06 AM

There are a few that come to mind.

Micheal Jai White (Spawn, Kill Bill vol.2, Universal Solider 2). He holds a black belt in I think 6 different forms of Karate and he's built like a friggin truck.

Jackie Chan because he's still doing his own stunts and he's in his 50s.

And of course Bruce Lee. He comes to mind coz The martial arts was his life. In real life and the characters he played the line between actor and person was blurred.
Posted by: Taison

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 08:03 AM

Are we forgetting Tony Jaa?

-Taison out

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 08:06 AM

Quote:

There are a few that come to mind.

Micheal Jai White (Spawn, Kill Bill vol.2, Universal Solider 2). He holds a black belt in I think 6 different forms of Karate and he's built like a friggin truck.

Neither fact indicates that he is a functional or durable fighter

Quote:

Jackie Chan because he's still doing his own stunts and he's in his 50s.

Agreed

Quote:

And of course Bruce Lee. He comes to mind coz The martial arts was his life. In real life and the characters he played the line between actor and person was blurred.

No they werent. They have become so through years of manipulation and distortion of image by people in a position to profit from his larger than life posthumous reputation. There is no doubt in my mind that he was a great MAist, but evidence of his real confrontation skill is anecdotal at best, and fanciful at worst.

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 10:33 PM

We seem to have more votes for Jackie Chan than anyone. I guess he wins!!!!

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 10:50 PM

So, does Jackie get an honarary FA.com award???

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/15/06 11:24 PM

Nope. Nothing,nada,kaput.

We'll turn up in google if he types it in,that's all.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/16/06 04:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I like Michael, but he wan't in Kill Bill..Love those movies too...Here is a list of his movies..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925227/
Posted by: Alex89

Re: Toughest MA Actor - 01/18/06 03:02 PM

I'd have to say Bruce Lee, Tony Jaa, and Jackie Chan.