The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz)

Posted by: Belnick

The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/25/05 08:57 AM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0353324/

so what do u think of his first real role ?, cradle 2 the grave does not count, he played a UFC guy there

i wanted to see this movie for a along time cus david was in it(I beat you silly if u say anything ) and noticed tito ortiz had a role in it, he was not hard to spot, damn he got a huge neck compared to those "normal" actors

I felt he did a alright job, and hope he continue and makes a movie where he kick the van "I cant talk" diesel a$$
or atleast replaces him
Posted by: Cord

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/25/05 09:14 AM

The Crow was an awesome comic book, lent weight by the fact that it was a cathartic exercise full of genuine emotion involved in J.O'Barrs tragic loss.
The Original film is arguably still the most faithful adaptation of a comic book that has ever made it to the screen, again lent additional power and significance by the tragic death of Brandon Lee.

Unfortunately, both book and film, were too successfull to be left well alone, and both mediums have been swamped with ever increasingly awfull spin offs, sequels, tv show, lunch boxes etc etc. What started as a heartfelt expression of real grief, is now a heartless cash cow franchise.
That sucks.
Posted by: harlan

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/25/05 10:47 AM

Amen...or a secular 'ditto'. One of the most unique movies ever.

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/26/05 03:16 AM

Quote:

The Crow was an awesome comic book, lent weight by the fact that it was a cathartic exercise full of genuine emotion involved in J.O'Barrs tragic loss.
The Original film is arguably still the most faithful adaptation of a comic book that has ever made it to the screen, again lent additional power and significance by the tragic death of Brandon Lee.

Unfortunately, both book and film, were too successfull to be left well alone, and both mediums have been swamped with ever increasingly awfull spin offs, sequels, tv show, lunch boxes etc etc. What started as a heartfelt expression of real grief, is now a heartless cash cow franchise.
That sucks.

lol abit off topic, but noone seems to mod this forum anyway so who cares

i of course forgot to add that the first movie is the only one I count as a movie, the other that followed sucked so much a$$ it was sick, but the this one had its charms, you will not think of it as you wasted time by watching it, I enjoyed it

but as I said there is only one the crow...

"the key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering"

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/26/05 08:28 AM

Sorry Belnick, I never got counselling after 'city of angels' and still have issues

In answer to your question about Tito, i am afraid I am no fan of his, so I hope his acting isnt as dull as his fighting. I will probably end up hiring it as and when it gets to Britain, but it wont be top of my list of must see rentals.
Thanks for the info on it though, glad to see Tito having a career after such high profile a$$ kickings

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/26/05 08:55 AM

haha, well he is not a fav fighter of mine either, but saw this movie and wanted to discuss his part in it

but yea if someone started to talk about a highlander movie I would prolly go wanting about highlander 4 and the comming 5th

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/26/05 10:47 AM

there making a 5th Highlander!!!
Someone should get a court order to prevent that.

Back on topic, I guess anything that brings UFC to the attention of a wider audience is good for ensuring its growth and survival, and hey, lets face it, if we were asked to Star in 'Crow 10- city of hotdogs' we would say yes in a flash, so good on Tito for taking his chance
Posted by: Shidokai

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/28/05 06:08 AM

I have to disagree...the most faithful rendition of a comic book to big screen truly was Sin City. There's no way to argue against that one.

Interestingly, I imagine that this Crow is going to be quite visually spectacular, if nothing else. The director is the same guy who did Six-String Samurai, which was just an incredible piece of cinematography.

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/28/05 08:02 AM

Good point shidokai, Sin City was a great literal translation- incredibly faithful to the original work and an awesome film (show me a guy who doesnt want to be marv and I will show you a liar )

Whilst The Crow does deviate from the source material in many places, ('Devils night' the situation in which they died, the self harm, Ghost cowboy etc.), The film and Brandon Lee's central performance captured the 'essence' and tone of the books so perfectly that despite the discrepancies i would still argue that it is as faithful an adaptation as Sin City- even though it isnt. (? ) Weird but i hope you get my point.
Posted by: StormDOA

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/29/05 12:18 PM

you know I actually did not mind the later highlander series, the choreography was pretty good and the plots were if not original, were enthusiastic. And as for the movies, the original was a cult classic and stands by itself. The 2nd and third were atrocities, but the fourth had a fabulous fight scene between Donne Yen and Adrian paul. A fifth one might yield the same results.

Re: The Crow: Wicked Prayer(tito ortiz) - 08/30/05 06:16 AM

Quote:

you know I actually did not mind the later highlander series, the choreography was pretty good and the plots were if not original, were enthusiastic. And as for the movies, the original was a cult classic and stands by itself. The 2nd and third were atrocities, but the fourth had a fabulous fight scene between Donne Yen and Adrian paul. A fifth one might yield the same results.

guess I will continue to go ot to reply

what happend in the forth does not matter as it involves the tv series into(highlander, highlander the raven) the movie and did not follow the "rules", lambert knew this but decided to do the movie anyway

I will never see this movie again, the one who wrote were on drugs...
when did conner get a brother, lol, he was just spawned from the thin air ??? no this was a movie for the tv serie which both sucked

cord

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299981/

EDIT::

now also heard rumors that they bought 3 !!! new ones, which means highlander 5, 6 and 7 !!!, they wanna beat starwars or something ????