Trying to remeber a movie....

Posted by: shadowkazama

Trying to remeber a movie.... - 08/19/05 04:15 PM

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie, I've been trying to find it for a year now.

I THINK it was a jet li movie, an old one maby.

I'll try to remeber what I can from it, if anyone knows the name, please tell me, and maby a link to a site with it.

It had thies 2 guy, I think they were brothers, who trained under the same master. The first brother was stronger, and believed in using brute force. He went on to betray his friends, and brother, joining some generals army.

The others tried to fight, but lost. The second brother kind of lost his mind, and went catatonic(?), at one point there was a ball in a water well, or such. And he pushed it in, and it poped back up. I think he started to understand the master more, or came up with a martial art form (ti chi?), his brother became a powerful figure in the army by now, the second brother fought his way to him.

Using the strength of the enemies spears against them, when he fought his brother, his brother couldn't fight him well, the second kept dodging or "moving" the attacks. At some point they fought on this rope thing, and the second brother had problems using his new technique. Natruly, the second brother won in the end.

Sorry if this sounds like a million other movies, I hope I game a good enuff acounting of it to place a good guess.

Thanks for your help, and incase I still don't find the movie, thanks for trying.
Posted by: Belnick

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 08/20/05 10:26 AM

Quote:

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie, I've been trying to find it for a year now.

I THINK it was a jet li movie, an old one maby.

I'll try to remeber what I can from it, if anyone knows the name, please tell me, and maby a link to a site with it.

It had thies 2 guy, I think they were brothers, who trained under the same master. The first brother was stronger, and believed in using brute force. He went on to betray his friends, and brother, joining some generals army.

The others tried to fight, but lost. The second brother kind of lost his mind, and went catatonic(?), at one point there was a ball in a water well, or such. And he pushed it in, and it poped back up. I think he started to understand the master more, or came up with a martial art form (ti chi?), his brother became a powerful figure in the army by now, the second brother fought his way to him.

Using the strength of the enemies spears against them, when he fought his brother, his brother couldn't fight him well, the second kept dodging or "moving" the attacks. At some point they fought on this rope thing, and the second brother had problems using his new technique. Natruly, the second brother won in the end.

Sorry if this sounds like a million other movies, I hope I game a good enuff acounting of it to place a good guess.

Thanks for your help, and incase I still don't find the movie, thanks for trying.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108281/

Twin warriors
Posted by: shadowkazama

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 08/20/05 11:45 PM

Thanks alot. I think this is it! Cool, now to order and wait.

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 08/21/05 03:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks alot. I think this is it! Cool, now to order and wait.

np

as I have seen all his movies atleast twize I should know this :P
Posted by: Stone Carver

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 08/31/05 07:56 PM

It's also known as "Tai Chi Masters".
Probably one of Jet Li's best movies.

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 09/01/05 01:36 AM

Quote:

It's also known as "Tai Chi Masters".
Probably one of Jet Li's best movies.

one of his, yes, but he has so many good to chose from so it loses its meaning by saying it is one of his best, in imdb he does not have many or any under 5
Posted by: Stone Carver

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 09/01/05 09:45 PM

Quote:

one of his, yes, but he has so many good to chose from so it loses its meaning by saying it is one of his best, in imdb he does not have many or any under 5

Well it's my personal favorite.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Trying to remeber a movie.... - 09/08/05 06:30 AM

I think I saw it as Tai Chi masters. Does it have a rather camp sounding sifu in it?