Kung Fu Hustle on video

Posted by: JoelM

Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/13/05 11:26 AM

Got it yesterday,
Watched it yesterday,
Loved it just as much as the first time.

Two thumbs up, a must if you have a sense of humor and like kung fu movies.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/13/05 08:05 PM

Just bought it on DVD today. I think it is hilarious.

Anyone know if Shaolin Soccer is available. The little stoner behind the counter at my video store looked at me like I had 9 heads when I asked about it!

Page
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/14/05 12:46 AM

Yep,it's out there.Both hilarious movies!
Posted by: Gino

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/14/05 09:22 AM

I don't know, I thought I had a sense of humor but "Kung Fu Hustle" was just kinda silly to me. The special effects were great, and some of the fight scenes (the ones that didn't use wire-work) were really something to watch, but I found the movie to be moderately amusing, at best.

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/14/05 12:15 PM

Well, Gino, my sense ofhumor is more on the silly/stupid end of the spectrum, so it suits me just fine.

BuDoc, 9 heads? Maybe you should change your name to BooDoc
Posted by: Belnick

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/16/05 08:37 AM

Quote:

Well, Gino, my sense ofhumor is more on the silly/stupid end of the spectrum, so it suits me just fine.

BuDoc, 9 heads? Maybe you should change your name to BooDoc

then u love beverly hills ninja too ?

never seen sholin soccer och kung fu hustle, the reason is that they look to silly on previews, so they have been put to the side for the newer episodes of tv series that come every wekk or the new movies that comes out, they just get further and further back, but I will see them one day when I have the time

Quote:

Just bought it on DVD today. I think it is hilarious.

Anyone know if Shaolin Soccer is available. The little stoner behind the counter at my video store looked at me like I had 9 heads when I asked about it!

Page

long time ago !!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN...3863174-8833453

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/16/05 09:00 AM

Actually I've only seen a little bit of berverly hills ninja, so I can't say if I like it or not. In general I'm not a huge fan of most of the Saturday Night Live Alumni, especially the newer crowd (Jummy Fallon, Will Ferrell), but Chris Farely isn't too bad. I just haven't gotten around to seeing that particular one.
Posted by: Kintama

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/22/05 01:56 PM

just rented Kung Fu Hustle over the weekend... very creative and sometimes funny.
Shaolin Soccer was funnier IMO.

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 08/22/05 02:21 PM

I just rented Shaolin Soccer over the weekend and I like Kung Fu Hustle more. Both excellent movies and I will own Shaolin Soccer soon.

Which is funnier? Not sure, it seems as though Shaolin Soccer was "suppose" to be funnier, but maybe that's just my interpretation.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 11/19/05 10:22 AM

I have now seen KFH, i thought it was OK. i would not class it as a pure MA movie, it was kind of more like a live action Anime. Lots of the fights were not wire work but CG, a la some of the work in blade 2 and the spiderman movies.
I thought the humour was funny, but not as chucklesome as vintage Chan/Hung movies like Wheels on meals and Project A etc. I think what its success does pave the way for is live action Anime like DBZ. I also think, having seen War of the Worlds recently, and having seen the trailers for King Kong, that the time is nigh for a live action version of Akira. Now that would make me very excited.
Posted by: WuXing

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 11/25/05 11:46 AM

Stephen Chow is great! I own Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle, and God of Cookery. God of Cookery isn't a martial arts movie, but it's completely ridiculous. There are some martial arts bits near the end, when it is found out that both cooks actually learned their skills from the shaolin temple, and they use their kung fu abilities to cook their dishes in a competition. I think the whole movie is worth that end part with the competition. And watching the 18 bronze men teach Stephen Chow the "folding chair style".
HK flix is a good site to buy all these movies.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Kung Fu Hustle on video - 11/26/05 07:31 PM

i got kung fu hustle yesterday, its brilliant.

i just love the landladys lines esp the 'you maybe a kung fu master but your still just a fairy'

and the coughing blood parts shouldn't be funny really but they're hilarious(when the farmer punches chow in the stomach etc), same with the cat being cut in half and the blood splattering on the wall.