Casting Couch

Posted by: Cord

Casting Couch - 07/27/05 05:13 PM

i have just heard that a live action movie of Tekken goes into production next year. With this in mind I am going to put my ideal cast list below. I will not be able to do all the characters, feel free to offer what you would feel to be more suitable replacements for my choices and fill in the blanks as you see fit.

Kazuya- Mark Dacascos
Jin Kazama- Tony Jaa
Jack- Andrew Byrniaski
Lei- Jackie Chan
Bryan- Jason Statham
Heihachi- Sonny Chiba
Wang- Gordon Liu
King- Batista/Randy Orton
Marduk- Goldberg
Nina- Milla Jovovich
Paul- Kurt Russell
Law- Jason scott Lee

I await you contributions and changes
Posted by: Crash

Re: Casting Couch - 07/30/05 06:22 PM

What about yoshimitsu? and can't we fit Jet li in there somewhere? I do think Jackie Chan would be a good Lei Wulong
because he is great at Animal styles and formal kung fu. and as for Jason Statham for Bryan Fury, cool actor but with his accent I would say he would make a better Steve Fox, (that's only if the most recently added fighters from tekken5 are in the movie too) Eddy Gordo could be played by Wesly Snipes (he does Capoeira). And Bruce Irving could be played by Michael Jay White.
As for Hworang, I'll keep thinking!

Re: Casting Couch - 07/31/05 05:21 AM

Michael Jay White as Bruce! Genius. I was having trouble with that one.
Statham would be wasted as Steve Fox IMO. If you watch his kicking technique in the Transporter his movement and style is reminiscent of Bryan Fury, be a shame for him to be restricted to boxing techniques only.
If you want Jet Li in there, why not have him as Yoshimitsu?
Wesley Snipes as Eddie I am not so sure about, just doesnt fit for me. Maybe an 'unknown' with more breakdancing skill than formal caipoera?

Keep em coming

Re: Casting Couch - 07/31/05 11:00 AM

"Michael Jay White as Bruce! Genius."

thanks, I was watching "exit wounds" the other night and that's why I thought of him.

"Statham would be wasted as Steve Fox IMO. If you watch his kicking technique in the Transporter his movement and style is reminiscent of Bryan Fury, be a shame for him to be restricted to boxing techniques only."

Yeah your right, he is a great kicker, and he moves quick for a big guy, Bryan Fury would be good for him if he could lose the british accent.

"If you want Jet Li in there, why not have him as Yoshimitsu?"

Jet Li play a ninja? no way! he is known for his awsome Kung Fu! Oh well...

"Wesley Snipes as Eddie I am not so sure about, just doesnt fit for me. Maybe an 'unknown' with more breakdancing skill than formal caipoera?"

Yeah, how about one of the brazilian guys from only the strong? And as for Wesley Snipes he could play Raven, think about it, look at him as Blade and look at Raven.

I'll keep thinking about the others too.

Re: Casting Couch - 07/31/05 11:02 AM

Oh and Jack could be played by Dolph Lundgren.(the russian from rocky 4)

Re: Casting Couch - 07/31/05 11:37 AM

I've got more!

Xiaoyu - Chiaki Kuriyama (Gogo from kill bill)
Julia - Hilary Swank
Asuka - Lucy Liu? (question mark intended)
Feng - Bolo Yuen
Hwoarang - Philip Rhee if he isn't to old by now
Baek - Simon Rhee

that's all for now.

Re: Casting Couch - 08/08/05 02:30 AM

Bolo for Feng is perfect! Providing he has aged well (he is in his 60's now!)

Good suggestions in general- I wonder what crap we will be landed with in reality?
Posted by: Belnick

Re: Casting Couch - 08/08/05 04:40 AM

Quote:

Bolo for Feng is perfect! Providing he has aged well (he is in his 60's now!)

Good suggestions in general- I wonder what crap we will be landed with in reality?

they will prolly take 1-2 low-mid range payed actors and rest will be some z-movie stars(like from big brother or something)

Re: Casting Couch - 08/08/05 09:42 AM

Yeah I doubt they would have that many stars in any movie.
Oh well...