Making a movie

Posted by: lilbossman

Making a movie - 05/24/05 03:14 AM

Ok, i know there was another post about making a movie but it didnt answer my question so I'm making another post. Me and some friend are going to make an action movie, no guns and no blades. We're between 18-20 years old. I need an idea for the main storyline and was hoping you guys could help me out a little. The catch is i like to make it kind of real, so like the characters have to be somewhat realistic since we're only 18-20. Also, I don't want to get too many people involved as actors. So something short but good. I hope you guys understand what i mean. And I read all about the staged combat things so don't worry. And it's almost no weapons so it's less dangerous. Hope you can help me. Thanx in advance.
Posted by: MikeChaff

Re: Making a movie - 05/24/05 10:27 AM

The classic thing is for the hero's master/teacher/parent to be killed by the bad guy and for the hero to avenge his death. However in the modern setting this theme of death may not be completely believable. Might make a good romp, but not if you want something a bit 'real'.

I'm assuming you want to do kind of a 'modern' film about modern people and not dress up pretending to be ancient Shaolin monks and that sort of stuff...

A lot of films use the idea of the main character being a cop or a security guard or something: that's a good springboard to get them into fight situations more believably...
Posted by: Strider_Hanzo

Re: Making a movie - 05/25/05 01:38 AM

Well honestly if the choreographing is good sometimes the people can get away with bad plots... One fine example is these guys http://www.zgstunts.com/films.html I would try downloading Damn2, damn3, Title Pending 2, and Kid Gusto vs. Matrix...
They have some funny stuff going on there and some plots are actually believable but the fact that their choreographing is pretty damn good the plot really didn't matter!
Posted by: Tigerman

Re: Making a movie - 06/03/05 12:11 AM

Actually, my situation is pretty much the same. I make movies with my two cousins all the time, and we range from ages 16-24 (with me being in the middle with 18). Our movies are just big jokes, but when it comes to the fighting, we try our best to make it look good despite the fact that none of us are martial artists. Anyway, we usually like to use a high school setting as part of our plot. It makes sense since we're all pretty close when it comes to age, and the school yard is an awesome place to stage a fight.