"unleashed" Jet Li

Posted by: SANCHIN31

"unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 12:21 AM

This looks like it's going to be a great movie! Has anyone seen it yet?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 12:30 AM

It opens Friday the 13th oooooooo So I don't think anybody has seen it. But it is on my list (and my girlfriend actually said she'd watch it with me !!! unlike Kung Fu Hustle !!!(but that's ok, I saw it without her))

The whole "he fights when he takes off the collar" seems a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping they cover it well, in movies like these it can be easy to gloss over making far-out things seem real. But I'm excited to see how it turns out, I've always enjoyed Morgan Freeman (not in the Razwell way) and it'll be interesting to see how he does with Jet Li. As always the action will be great.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 12:36 AM

Friday the 13th, a lovely day. My birthday falls on Friday the 13th every now and again.

Have watched several clips, trailers, etc.-seems like it is going to be a very interesting movie.
2 good actors-Bob Hoskins, Morgan Freeman.

Looking forward to it-tho' I still haven't caught up on several other movies I've meant to go see-Kung fu hustle, Hitchiker's Guide, etc.
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 12:50 AM

BBWWAAAHAHAHAHA !! MORGAN FREEMAN GO POOPY ON JET LI'S COLLAR!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!

JOEL ENJOY'S MORGAN FREEMAN!!!!!

sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 12:57 AM

SHHHH, don't you know how late it is? I can't be waking up people laughing that loud!!
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 02:21 PM

I'm gonna go see it... not sure when though lol. I have way too many movies to watch, but I just don't have the time

Oh well...

PS - Joel & SANCHIN if I laughed any harder I'm sure my guts would come flying out through my mouth onto the keyboard (now isn't that a pretty thought)
Posted by: ToubaboKoomi

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/09/05 10:08 PM

I noticed that Luc Besson directed this film. He also directed The professional which was an amazing film. Knowing that, I'm looking forward to seeing it now.
Posted by: Tashigae

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/10/05 07:42 AM

Quote:

BBWWAAAHAHAHAHA !! MORGAN FREEMAN GO POOPY ON JET LI'S COLLAR!!!! BWAHAHAHA!!

JOEL ENJOY'S MORGAN FREEMAN!!!!!

sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Quote:

SHHHH, don't you know how late it is? I can't be waking up people laughing that loud!!

FOOLS!!!
Posted by: ron

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/10/05 11:34 AM

i have'nt seen it yet. i did just heard about it's exsistant in "late night with conan o'brien"... i really want to see it. p.s, my english sucks...
Posted by: etaks86

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/12/05 03:35 AM

no i have not seen it yet. and i think it's already been released in some other countries. but no i have not seen it but i want to go see it when it comes out here which is in a few days i think. anyways looks like it's going to be good.
Posted by: GojuRyuboy13

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/15/05 05:51 PM

I just saw it.
I would go off explaining how much I loved it and describing all the danky fight scenes but I din't want to ruin it for ya.

That movie is the sikness!!!!!!!!
Posted by: coxne

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/17/05 02:41 PM

I saw it on Saturday. It was decent. The collar played a major roll, more than just he fights when it is taken off, as it represents the guys control over him. They say the middle was lacking action, but it is okay. I enjoyed it and will probably buy it when it comes out on dvd.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/20/05 10:31 PM

Overall, a pretty good movie.
If your expecting a ton of wire fu and fight scenes, you will be disappointed.
Don't get me wrong, there are a couple of fights-just not a film full of them.

Now the obligatory troll reference:
MORGAN FREEMAN IS A HORSE RIDDEN BY JET LI
Posted by: DrAgOnPuNcH

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 05/23/05 11:10 PM

Saw it yesterday...it was good...it had more of a unique story than alot of his other movies....fighting was good, not much cable, b.s. fighting...more realistic fighting...

not bad, not great either...it was a good movie...
Posted by: madmattg

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 06/19/05 01:24 AM

Again another boring, poorly executed MA movie. The concept is so lame, and shamefully for Jet LI the fight scenes were so repetitive.

Another sad MA movie
Posted by: Belnick

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 06/20/05 07:49 AM

don't listen to madmattg

he prefere bugs bunny

this was one of his best movies as an actor...
Posted by: madmattg

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 06/28/05 09:04 PM

get a grip, sad sad movie.

Really you have to be kidding yourself
Posted by: RobNus

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/23/05 08:00 AM

Quote:

Agreed. it really was a terrible film. what happened to the jet li from films like Fist of Legend and Once Upon A Time In China? such a shame...
Posted by: TKDBlackBelt

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/24/05 08:10 PM

I liked the moive. I take a psycology class in school and suggested it to the teacher to watch in class and she watched it and said yes. It deals with not only the fighting action stuff but a lot with why to fight. I loved the moive and the psycology behind it.
TKDBlackBelt
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."
-John Wooden
Posted by: Chanters

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/25/05 07:03 AM

I haven't seen the movie yet but I watched an interview with Jet Li who said that the film didn't contain well executed MA techniques for a reason. As his character is animal like he wanted to fight as such. Therefore anyone with hopes of this movie being a showcase of Jet Li's skills may be disappointed.

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/25/05 09:22 AM

Quote:

Therefore anyone with hopes of this movie being a showcase of Jet Li's skills may be disappointed.

yes but it wasn't just that. the storyline puts you to sleep. I watched it on a plane, where I could give it my full attention, and it put me to sleep! it was awful. shame to see morgan freeman lower himself too.
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/25/05 05:35 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen the movie yet but I watched an interview with Jet Li who said that the film didn't contain well executed MA techniques for a reason. As his character is animal like he wanted to fight as such. Therefore anyone with hopes of this movie being a showcase of Jet Li's skills may be disappointed.

yeah i think you would have to watch once a time in china or fist of legend to see his skills. he needs to go back to making movies such as those but with the quality of hero behind it.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/26/05 04:28 PM

bump that. hero showed li is a great actor as well as MAist. fist of legend (isn't that the same flick as "the legend of fong sai yuk?) is equally as good a story but didn't have the budget or know how of his modern films. it's too bad horrible american directors keep pulling li into their crappy action movies. that said though, danny the dog is better than the last however many li films (excluding hero of course)
Posted by: ShaolinNinja

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/27/05 09:52 AM

It's not a good film, but I thought the fight scenes were excellent - raw, real, violent. Too many movie fights in the past few years have either had the camera too close to the action with too many cuts, so you can't see what's going on, or else too far away with too few cuts, which takes away the chaos. This movie struck the right balance and the fights in it are just damn cool.
The soundrack by Massive Attack was also superb. It was released quite some time ago under the movie's working title: Danny The Dog. Why they ended up calling it 'Unleashed' is beyond me; 'Danny The Dog' is clearly a superior title.

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/27/05 11:02 AM

Quote:

It was released quite some time ago under the movie's working title: Danny The Dog. Why they ended up calling it 'Unleashed' is beyond me; 'Danny The Dog' is clearly a superior title.

It's still called Danny the Dog in Asia. "Unleashed" is probably an American PR person's idea to make the film sound gritty and exciting. its like the guy with the deep voice who narrates every trailer of every film you see in the cinema. its to make the film sound like you wanna see it.

all bull 5417 if you ask me.

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/29/05 07:23 PM

Quote:

bump that. hero showed li is a great actor as well as MAist. fist of legend (isn't that the same flick as "the legend of fong sai yuk?) is equally as good a story but didn't have the budget or know how of his modern films. it's too bad horrible american directors keep pulling li into their crappy action movies. that said though, danny the dog is better than the last however many li films (excluding hero of course)

yeah i mean the film where he kicks a load of japanese karateka in and has the cool fight scene with his girlfriends uncle. such a good film.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/29/05 09:36 PM

oh wait, scratch that - i got it wrong.
fist of legend is a remake of the bruce lee film "fist of fury". it's honestly a better version IMO, although i love Lee as much as anyone.
"the legend of fong sai yuk" was renamed simply "the legend" recently when it came back into print. it takes place in the fuedal era and has a very elaborate plot for a kung fu movie. there are two sequels to it that are great too. i highly recommend it for jet li fans!!

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 10/31/05 03:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed. it really was a terrible film. what happened to the jet li from films like Fist of Legend and Once Upon A Time In China?

he grew up....

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 11/01/05 04:35 AM

Quote:

he grew up....

...and started makin crap movies.

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 11/01/05 07:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

he grew up....

...and started makin crap movies.

lol, you would be shot in filmschool

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 11/02/05 06:44 AM

Quote:

spose that's why i didnt go...im no expert on making movies, but i know what i like. and i didnt like this movie.
Posted by: Subedei

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 12/05/05 08:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

spose that's why i didnt go...im no expert on making movies, but i know what i like. and i didnt like this movie.

And it's crap because you didn't like it? I liked it.

Re: "unleashed" Jet Li - 12/06/05 03:28 PM

Quote:

oh wait, scratch that - i got it wrong.
fist of legend is a remake of the bruce lee film "fist of fury". it's honestly a better version IMO, although i love Lee as much as anyone.
"the legend of fong sai yuk" was renamed simply "the legend" recently when it came back into print. it takes place in the fuedal era and has a very elaborate plot for a kung fu movie. there are two sequels to it that are great too. i highly recommend it for jet li fans!!

oh i watched some of fist of fury but i couldn't cope with it (although i did see the scene where the karateka attack the kung fu school). Li's version doesn't waste as much time it has a better plot and is culturally better; the original is very racist as the chinese hate(d) the japanese and lee really played that up.

Enter the Dragon just kicks some serious a$$ though. can't falter him on that.