Power Rangers

Posted by: Anonymous

Power Rangers - 02/18/05 01:11 PM

Recently, while picking up my brother from school, I witnessed two kids mock fighting with chops and kicks. The usual Power Ranger stuff. Then it made me wonder if the Power Ranger series actualy had competent martial artists who choreographed the "fight" sceens. Does any one know? And if so, what style did they study in. hehe...

Do the things they do in that show resemble any of your styles?

Re: Power Rangers - 02/20/05 05:50 PM

For what I've heard that the people inside the Ranger costumes are Taekwondo artist. I think it was Fox kids news or something like that. I was always wondering that when I was in 4th grade when they first came out... i saw teh very first episode.

Re: Power Rangers - 02/20/05 09:57 PM

The original red ranger did karate becuase I saw a karate book with him doing the techniques.

Re: Power Rangers - 04/03/05 04:18 PM

The people in the Suits were different from the Actual characters.

Re: Power Rangers - 04/04/05 01:42 AM

The real power rangers are Japanese. Out of the suits they are simply replaced with American actors. That means probably Karate-type stuff.

Here in Japan there are loads of these kind of "super-hero" shows for kids (yes, I live in Japan).

[This message has been edited by JayJay (edited 04-04-2005).]

Re: Power Rangers - 04/05/05 07:37 AM

Dear Rock hard

Yes they are all martial artists, studying in different arts, mike chat for example (who has been a power ranger in one of the resent films)he studies taekwondo and also is the founder of XMA (extreme martial arts) visit the website www.xmarevolution.com. XMA more used in demonstration and showmanship events.

Wendy