Ong Bak

Posted by: Anonymous

Ong Bak - 01/04/05 09:37 PM

i just saw the trailer for this movie, its starring new martial arts superstar Tony Jaa. Its just a rump kicking good time, the trailer is wicked. Check it out at http://ongbakmovie.com/pages/comingsoon/trailer_lg.html

Re: Ong Bak - 01/05/05 11:42 AM

i saw this a week ago movie looks hot...it is already rellesed in some countrys and will hit dvd feb....but in the usa it is getting ready to come to the bigscreen i cant wait

Re: Ong Bak - 01/08/05 03:19 PM

I have a copy of Ong Bak. Tony Jaa is sick!! Some of the moves are real. This movie is better then some hollywood martial art films.

*Inuyasha*

Re: Ong Bak - 01/24/05 10:11 AM

This movie was a big hit in Asia and has been available on DVD since last year. Just rented it last Friday. Very excellent fight choreography. The lead actor is noteworthy for doing all his stunts. The stunts/fighting is especially noteworthy as no "wires" were used.

I don't know whether Muay Thai has kata, but there was a very good demonstration of one near the beginning of the flic. Two thumbs up!
Posted by: haiazuki

Re: Ong Bak - 01/27/05 10:39 PM

i have a question tho! he seems good. but i saw him in the trailer do a low and long stance. I also saw some moves that don't seem like mUay Thai to me.

He is supposed to be a Muay Thai practitioner, right?

but does he mixed his style with another martial art? he seems to make moves like Jeet Kun Do...

Re: Ong Bak - 02/13/05 06:09 AM

His techniques are Muay Boran, which is the full Thai system, which incorporates Thai Boxing, Krabbi Krabong,
Check out this link to see Master Sken Muay Boran Master who has 40 years experience
http://www.mastersken.com/

Re: Ong Bak - 02/26/05 08:17 PM

he does all his own stunts, no fake. muay thai isone of my favorite arts!
bebe is right but it only looks like he is doing something diffrent because it's like a lot of other martial arts brought to the staes from asia, changes happen along the way and he is doing the real thing. (no there are no form of Kata in muay thai [and isn't kata only japanese?])

[This message has been edited by onisamurai (edited 02-26-2005).]
Posted by: haiazuki

Re: Ong Bak - 03/01/05 01:15 AM

thanks for the info!!!

what kata are u talking about, onisamurai?