Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?!

Posted by: Anonymous

Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/16/04 08:33 AM

So whos the best then Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee? Obviously theyre all great but for pure martial arts i preffer Bruce Lee but for movies i definately prefer Jet Li!!! Jackie Chan is sort of a joke, meh... what do you think?

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/19/04 01:21 PM

lol i say bruce lee is only for the movies. jet li is my favorite for both the real and movies.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/20/04 01:52 AM

Lee when he was alive was best on and off movie sets. Today I think Jet Li is the best in movies. Never really was a fan of jackie chan.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/25/04 07:30 PM

Yeah i gotta go with Bruce Lee, Jet li is good yeah, but ya cant beat Bruce.

And as for jackie, i'm a big fan of his, but he has even admitted (in his biography(or autobiography...i dont remember) 'I am Jackie Chan' at the very least) that his martial arts are mostly for show, he learned it at the Chinese opera, but he does put on a good show though eh?

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/25/04 07:35 PM

Jet Li

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/25/04 08:44 PM

Bruce lees screen presence was phenomenal, thats why he is the best. First post by the way, hi all.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 12/30/04 10:35 PM

i hear donni yen is better than jet li

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 01/02/05 11:20 AM

I don't really think Donnie Yen is "better" than Jet. I don't even think that the word "best" is appropiate because they are all good in one way or another. As for Bruce Lee there is no doubt that if he were alive today martial arts movies wouldn't be the same. Bruce was the real thing and I don't think there will be another like him.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 01/04/05 11:13 PM

Bruce Lee would Whoop Jet Li up and tell ya how long it was gonna take him to do it

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 01/08/05 09:45 PM

Probably.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 02/21/05 07:11 AM

Bruce Lee is the best. No doubt! his figure speed and strength is perfect. No energy is wasted when ever he strikes. Jet li is really good, he is a master in alot of different martial art styles. he also studied in Shao Lin temple. But style not quite as good as Bruce.Jackie Chan is more like a clown u cant really call him a martial artist he learnt kung fu when he was a child mainly for chinese opera and dragon dances. to b honest i think he is more like stunt man, but i must admit he has pretty good imagination for moves and stunts not bad. good effort.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 02/22/05 12:10 AM

You have to admitt that Jet Li on screen is a excellent fighter.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 02/25/05 01:33 PM

Bruce Lee was so fast in a scene of Enter The Dragon that a punch he did in that scene was not even a blur but the area to which he punched seemed not to be a blur but it was a darker area in the frame.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 03/16/05 04:14 PM

It's difficult to compare Jackie Chan with the other two because, unlike Li and Lee, Chan does comedy. He is a good martial artist, however. My personal favorite? Bruce Lee, because he was a pioneer for the martial arts genre in US theatres.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 03/16/05 04:25 PM

For the movies i say J-chan, There so much fun [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/11/05 09:55 AM

List of the Best:

1. Bruce Lee.
2. Jet Li.
3. Bruce Li.
4. Jackie Chan.
5. Donnie Yen.
6. Dragon Lee.
7. Bolo Yeung.
8. TJ Storm.

More to come.....In a while.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/12/05 07:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Masterful.K:
So whos the best then Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee? Obviously theyre all great but for pure martial arts i preffer Bruce Lee but for movies i definately prefer Jet Li!!! Jackie Chan is sort of a joke, meh... what do you think?[/QUOTE]

I'll watch Jackie Chan movies just for the out-takes at the end.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/12/05 11:41 PM

There are people out there, that are ten times better than Bruce Lee, they just don't make themselves known. There is always someone better out there.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/13/05 02:12 PM

I would add Tony Jaa's name to the famed trio listed in this topic. His Muay Thai looks fierce and bone-crushing, and he will be the next MA superstar (if he doesn't kill himself first).

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/14/05 02:53 PM

You say theres someone out there better then my man Bruce lee, but you dont know that for sure. Comercially yea bruce lee is the best.

jet li was well good in lethal weapon 4, man the moves he pulled out with, like next level shhii**. so movie wise id say jet li is better because back when bruce lee was acting, there wasnt much technological shi* going on so it aint as good to watch as modern ones. jackie chan is pure entertainment, yea he might not be the best martial artist in the world but end of the day hes the better actor. This forum is about films so im goina go with jakie.. and jet lee... and bruce lee! man they all good !!

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/24/05 07:50 PM

If you've watched the behind-the-scenes for Cradle 2 the Grave, when they were interviewing Jet Li for a brief moment of rest on the set (the cage scene w/ pit fighters)... Jet Li admits to more-than-likely getting his ass wooped by the pit fighters, should they actually go at it.

That can say something about his credibility as an actual fighter... but as an on-screen martial artists, it's pure beauty.

Jackie Chan's fighting is a lil' sloppier nowadays as compared to his younger years, but he has more than compensated by polishing his acting skills & increasing his stunt-difficulty.

Overall, I'm going to go with Jet Li. If Bruce Lee was assisted with the same bank & production budget that Jet Li has, he'd more than easily take it as the "best", he already has it as far as actual fighting skills & fitness is concerned.

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/24/05 07:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chipmunk stew:
I would add Tony Jaa's name to the famed trio listed in this topic. His Muay Thai looks fierce and bone-crushing, and he will be the next MA superstar (if he doesn't kill himself first).[/QUOTE]Agreed. He's a beast with his fitness routine also, and has been featured in fitness mags (ex. Muscle & Fitness).

Re: Jet Li, Jackie chan, Bruce Lee-the best?! - 04/26/05 07:13 PM

I would have to say......

For screen and off screen BRUCE LEE no doubt.
Jet Li has a Hong Kong hollywood movie style...but in real fight I think he s toast.
As for Jackie,he s a JOKER,(originally a stunt man)good funny movies.

------------------------------------

BE LIKE WADA [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]