Who WAS that choreographer?......

Posted by: MichaelShin

Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 07/01/04 11:48 AM

Most MA movies show MA that aren't realistic & are flashy. But when you saw THE BOURNE IDENTITY, the MAs in THAT film used a different format...it seemed more real.

Anyone else notice that?
Nothing but quick efficient moves. I don't know who the fight choreographer was, but it seemed he/she knew their stuff...I reckon it was Krav Maga.

What do y'all think??
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 07/01/04 09:09 PM

Yeah, I agree, great fight scenes. Just wish there were more of them!

Apparently, Matt Damon's training for the movie consisted of kali and boxing. I can't find out who the choreographer was though.

[This message has been edited by Abraxas (edited 07-01-2004).]
Posted by: Telepath

Re: Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 07/02/04 06:06 PM

the fighting i that movie was mixed martial arts...they took the most simple effective moves from various martial arts and used them.. which is what the military really does
Posted by: MichaelShin

Re: Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 07/30/04 05:57 PM

I just saw the sequel (Borne Supremacy), and I was disappointed in the martial arts displays....not as much as in the first one. Even the storyline in the sequel was terrible! UG!

What did you think?
Posted by: Syrio

Re: Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 08/02/04 12:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MichaelShin:
I just saw the sequel (Borne Supremacy), and I was disappointed in the martial arts displays....not as much as in the first one. Even the storyline in the sequel was terrible! UG!

What did you think?
[/QUOTE]

I liked the second one a lot. I think it and the original are on par, and I could watch them back-to-back. The car chase in Supremacy was particularly well done. My only complaint with the film is the two main villains (the wealthy russian and his assassin). I hate it when villains are villains just to be villains, with no backstory or motivation other than greed and cruelty.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Who WAS that choreographer?...... - 12/09/04 02:01 PM

The martial arts in the movies ARE portrayed to be more efficient, however, the camera techniques (oblique angles, fast camera angle changes, and the camera shaking) help to hide the fact that the actors really don't know what they are doing. Also everybody seems to fight the exact same way. Maybe all spies and villains learn from the same guy.

Despite this, I did enjoy watching both movies