Kickboxing Books?

Posted by: DeadlyKnuckles

Kickboxing Books? - 08/24/08 09:05 PM

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good kickboxing books. Preferably, non-Muay Thai books if possible.
Posted by: ScottBolinger

Re: Kickboxing Books? - 01/10/09 09:56 PM

i'm currently on my second kick-boxing book.

My first one called WarriorRage Kick-Boxing covers:

busienss plann
stretching
stances
punches and strikes
kicking techniques
hand and fet combintations
blocks
bridging the gap
kata
exercise routines
conditioning the hands
weight lifting

my second book, which i'm hoping to get out by the end of the month will be titled WarriorRage Kick-Boxing volume II and it'll cover:

the 4 levels of boxing, wich is a combinations of mitt work and plyometric. So you have 4 different extensive training routines for each level.

heavy bag routines
strikes with the hands
kicks
speed drills.

Each book it $20 bucks a peace. But in the first book you do get a CD that covers the kata and nunchaku routines.

I have it retalied on my site at www.wrkf.us or you can order both by email at wrkf@warriorrage.com

I have had quite a few good reviews of my first book. But I try to be as informative as I can in my teachings.
Posted by: johnride

Re: Kickboxing Books? - 10/23/10 05:38 AM

"the complete idiots guide to kickboxing" co-authored by Guy Mezger who is a former UFC champion and former King of Pancrase, he has a record of 22-3 (19 KO's) in Kickboxing and a Full-Contact Karate record of 42-1 (40 KO's), he is a two-time world Full Contact Karate champion and a world Kickboxing champion, a world Freestyle Fighting Champion, and a Pancrase tournament winner... so I believe he knows his stuff.

my ex-roommate was an amateur MMA fighter and had this book.. only had good things to say about it and Mezger.

Re: Kickboxing Books? - 10/23/10 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: johnride
[...] a record of 22-3 (19 KO's) in Kickboxing [...]
a Full-Contact Karate record of 42-1 (40 KO's)[...]

sick !
Wow...

That dude certainly lived up to his name!
(Mezger means butcher in German grin ).
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: Kickboxing Books? - 02/06/11 02:42 AM

Why would a kickboxing book mention kata?