Sly Moves

Posted by: Ayub

Sly Moves - 02/05/07 10:51 AM

Anyone read this training guide by Sylvester Stallone, the reviews on Amazon say its amazing!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sly-Moves-Sylves...TF8&s=books

I am a big Stallone fan and after seeing the shape he was in in First Blood I really am curious to see what his routine is like.

I know its a bit teenager conformist, but come on!! Its Rocky!
Posted by: Crash

Re: Sly Moves - 02/05/07 12:13 PM

I have the book, it's good. The workouts are good and all but to be honest I really enjoyed the autobiography part the best. I also like the way it's written and put together. Sly has his own suppliments now too I hear (protein pudding, vitamins etc).
Posted by: TeK9

Re: Sly Moves - 02/17/07 01:24 PM

I've read the book many times. I really enjoyed his bio. I appreaciated the honesty in it. One of my favorite parts in the book is when he comments on the difference between his body in rocky 1 and in rocky III, it took him 6 years of hard working out to get that body. Then he comments on how he did it and how ignorant he was when he was younger, working harder instead of working smarter.

But the thing that sticks out the most for me in the book, was his secret to training. A great way to energize yourself; something I emulate. The secret is JAVA, a nice cup of cofee but in my case u suppliment it with a nice Cold carmel Frapachino from star bucks. hehe

Keeps me awake and energized when I do my workouts.

If I were you, I would adivise that you take a look at the workouts he does, he gives plenty of examples, although the book is not exactly the most thorough with explanations on exercises, there are better books for that. For me it was the bio that was inspirational. If yor just interested in exercises best to buy a book that directly touches upon that subject.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Sly Moves - 02/17/07 04:57 PM

Sly moves is an awesome book. Not so much in its specifics, but in the mindset it promotes for lifelong training, and the pyschology of motivation maintenance. If I am being picky, i do not like the workout routines he lists (bicep curls before back work? no no no), but his message of sensible volume,good intensity and balanced eating is invaluable.
I actually rate it as the single best book on exercise written for the general public, and I have read a few in my time.