Black belt magazine

Posted by: koji112091

Black belt magazine - 01/10/07 08:37 PM

I read this magazine once and now I can't find it.
Do any of you know if it is still being printed.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Black belt magazine - 01/10/07 10:20 PM

Sadly, yes.

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/
Posted by: stormbringer

Re: Black belt magazine - 01/11/07 06:03 PM

I've never read it but I've thought about it. If it's no good, is there a good one?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Black belt magazine - 01/11/07 06:15 PM

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15785795
Posted by: Katana83

Re: Black belt magazine - 01/11/07 10:26 PM

It is still being printed, you can find a copy of it in your local book store. I don't really know about it these days, though. The quality seems to have gone down and now it is a very liberal, PC magazine that tries to please everybody and every style, even to the point of contradicting itself. If you absolutely must own every martial arts magazine, then go for it. Personally, I prefer classical fighting arts magazine and other magazines that deal with specific martial arts. There are also some good ones on MMA and UFC if that is your fancy. Happy reading.
Posted by: Saisho

Re: Black belt magazine - 01/12/07 09:48 PM

I have issues of BB Magazine from the early '60s through recent years and the quality of the recent ones is terrible. When you manage to find an article among the advertisements, it is usually very poor.

I cancelled my subscription after having it for a year and a lady called me up to ask if I wanted to renew. I told her that I did not. She asked me why and I told her that I thought it was crap. She then proceded to ask me if I would be interested in getting it half-off! I asked her why I would want to pay even half price for crap?
Posted by: SubZero

Re: Black belt magazine - 08/30/07 11:14 PM

Half the magazine is ads of You can be a ninja, T3H most deadliest fighting secrets EVAR, learn the secrets to attract any woman - INSTANTLY!!!111eleven and the like.
Posted by: ashe_higgs

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/05/07 02:29 AM

that's why i started my blog.

there's some original content by me and a lot of other articles and videos on training, nutrition and CMA.

i try and act like a filter in my "editorial" capacity in that i attempt to seek out the BEST and most RELEVANT material to martial arts. specifically CMA but as far as the performance training goes, it'll apply pretty much across the board. and the best part, it's ad and cost free! check it out;

falling leaves
Posted by: mtnrunner

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/10/07 01:49 PM

test
Posted by: seito

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/10/07 01:56 PM

I only buy it once every couple of years if there is a particular article I am interested in. Mostly if I know the instructor or feature/cover artist.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/10/07 03:44 PM

Hello Koji12091

It is still being printed....

It seems largely designed for young teenage boys (or those of a similar mindset), by in large. Once in a blue moon it has interesting articles (ie Dave Lowry ) but... preferred Furyu Magazine, or Internal Arts Magazine both now sadly defunct. BB has summarily lost any sense of dignity which should be fundamental to martial arts whatever the method of presentation... IMHO.

Merely my opinion, I could surely be mistaken,
Jeff
Posted by: JoshuaMonjin

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/10/07 04:51 PM

I thought to mention Dave Lowry too as one of the primary reasons to get black belt magazine myself
Posted by: aeclark82

Re: Black belt magazine - 09/19/07 03:00 AM

Yeah.. sadly, it's about 75% ads. Most of those ad are pretty pathetic. "Ninja Home Training Course," "Secrets to Attract any Woman" and the "Only because of a Military Legal Loophole can I make you a living breathing WMD." Obviously this would be a good program because it was designed at a "Super Soilder TOP SECRET Military Training Lab"

Give me a break!

Black Belt magazine is no worth paying for. Not even half price.. as stated earlier.. it's crap..