Wong Kiew Kit

Posted by: WuXing

Wong Kiew Kit - 03/02/06 04:03 PM

Has anyone read Wong Kiew Kit's books on Shaolin Kung Fu and Tai Chi Chuan? Anything interesting in there, worth buying?
Posted by: Ayub

Re: Wong Kiew Kit - 03/03/06 06:48 AM

I got the Shaolin Kungfu, not too interesting to tell the truth, explains some basics on training followed by pictures and explanations of two forms. I wouldnt Re- buy it.

I think he has a number of books on Shaolin Kungfu though... the longer ones that I have breezed through looked a bit more informative.
Posted by: ButterflyPalm

Re: Wong Kiew Kit - 03/05/06 08:42 AM

I've read both. Judging from your postings, it will be too basic for you. At the same time it is frustrating for a beginner. There are lots of general hints here and there, but no actual useful training regime that you can bite into; so if anyone expects a training manual, forget it.

But for an advanced practitioner, Master Wong's 'read-between-the-lines' comments are quite entertaining in the way he 'appears' to divulge something important and then hold back just in time to keep whatever secrets he wants hidden intact.
Posted by: Kosh

Re: Wong Kiew Kit - 03/06/06 02:37 AM

It has a comparison between different kung fu styles and some history. But other than that, I read nothing that would interest me. Maybe the qigong part.
Maybe, like ButterflyPalm said, you have to read between the lines, so I`d have to read it again. I doubt I found find much useful new info though. I defenetly wouldn`t rebuy it.