Developing a Character

Posted by: GodsSpartan

Developing a Character - 01/16/06 08:13 PM

This isn't about an actual book but rather one I'm working on. I'm trying to develop a character (I'll leave personal characeristcs out) that is somewhat of a superhero. Eventually I'll pitch this as a movie.

There are two types of action movies. Fantasy (Matrix, Blade, etc,) and then theres Realist (Braveheart, etc)
I want to bring these two worlds as close together as possible. In otherwords...even though this is Fantasy...it has to be Real.

So here is where you guys come in. I need to come up with a style for this guy. He needs to have quick hands, be evasive, and have powerful kicks and punches. He grapples, (quick throws) usually for throwing a guy into another's path. He uses a sword. (not all the time) He can also fly. However...he uses flight to fight on the ground and give him leverage. No flying airiel battles. (It's just better when theres a wall to throw someone through it.)

So...any ideas. He is definatly not a Ninja. So none of that. (he can be nijitsuish though)
Posted by: oldman

Re: Developing a Character - 01/16/06 09:15 PM

That discribes me perfectly. I'm real, and every woman's fantasy.

Re: Developing a Character - 01/16/06 09:19 PM

Har, Har.
Posted by: trevek

Re: Developing a Character - 01/17/06 05:31 PM

Try reading up on shamanism, particularly stuff like Arctic shamanism. Is the flying flying or is it a kind of gliding after he's jumped?

Re: Developing a Character - 01/19/06 04:59 AM

Flying...like SuperMan. Just...not as fast.