So I got this calendar today...

Posted by: JoelM

So I got this calendar today... - 01/04/06 10:52 PM

I just can't seem to stay away from them.

I got a Daily Art of War calendar. Each day there is a new quote from the Art of War by Zun Tzu. The calendar is geared more towards businessmen, so I am not sure if that will affect the translations, but I was wondering if there was any interest in a Daily Art of War thread for discussion. I would keep the discussion open to more than just MA-related discussion.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: So I got this calendar today... - 01/05/06 02:12 AM

Here's a sample:
Quote:

Complete means having both ability and intelligence. When a country has generals that are thoroughly able and intelligent, then that country is safe and strong. This means that generals have to be completely capable and completely knowledgeable in all operations.

Chapter 3: "Planning the Attack"

I'm not sure if I'd do it every day, but at least a few times a week, when I can or when they're good quotes.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: So I got this calendar today... - 01/05/06 07:09 AM

that would be cool Joel...I received a Tao calendar this Christmas (thanks again, you know who you are)...it doesn't have daily sayings, but has monthly quotes since the giver knew I'm a slow learner and need to think about each one for about 4-5 weeks. -It was a thoughtful gift.
Posted by: harlan

Re: So I got this calendar today... - 01/05/06 08:01 AM

Absolutely. The Chat forum doesn't really need any help, but perhaps that is the best place for it.

Gimme War!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: So I got this calendar today... - 01/06/06 12:57 PM

I agree with Harlan. MA talk is a good place for it.