Funny MA book reviews.

Posted by: JoelM

Funny MA book reviews. - 01/03/06 01:02 AM

Review for a pressure point book:
Quote:

rob, a very diciplind kung fu student, October 22, 2005,
it was awesome
as a wu shu kung fu student i loved this book it will give me an extra advantage with teh preasure pionts with fightting o jet li and bruce lee adn stuff liek tehm did wu shu kung fu i also do taichi

Review for Book of 5 Rings:
Quote:

'Rurouni Kenshin' fans enjoy
I read this because I am a big fan of 'Rurouni Kenshin' and due to a magazine I read 'Kenshin' was based off that Samurai so I said 'What the heck' and read it

Review for a Bruce Lee book:
Quote:

this book is awesome a must read for people that want to get built or learn how bruce lee got into shape
i just got this book today i think its good i'm a big time bruce lee fan i give this a five star book i i'm saying that people should get this book and other bruce lee books
Also recommended: bruce lee story and bruce lee the celebrated life of the golden dragon

Another Bruce Lee book:
Quote:

'''THE KING OF KUNG FU'''
This book is about Bruce Lees bacic self defence teckneks. And tells you how to defend yourself agansed sombody with a wepon. I would recomend this for anyone how wants to lern Jeet kune do and Kung Fu.

A Bruce Lee biography:
Quote:

the warrior within
I THINK IF HE WAS ALIVE RIGHT NOW.I WOULD GET HIM TO TEACH ME NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES;OR HOW LONG IT BE.HE IS THE BEST AND;KNOW BODY CAN BEAT HIM.I HONOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY.
Also recommended: TAO OF JEET KUNE DO MAKING OF 'enter the dragon' wing chun kung fu

A four-fer review of an Ashida Kim book:
Quote:

A reviewer, A long time martial arts fan., August 30, 2005,
Finally!!!!!
This is one of the books that actually show technique! As a martial arts enthusiast, I highly reccomend this book for anyone who is tired of just hearing the repeated yet important history on Ninjutsu. This happens to be my most favorite martial art. Well worth the $12.00.
Also recommended: Shadowhand.

A reviewer, a ninja-in-training, July 25, 2005,
Learn to control your own mind.
The techniques in here definately work. This is a book that will capture readers as they read mind-control techniques, ways to heal yourself, get rid of diseases, and learn how to fight and defend. Ashida Kim has created a book perfect for any willing, ready soul.

Pat, A reviewer, March 22, 2005,
Awesome
Cool. Good fighting techniques. The thing with the meditation is that it takes a while to learn.
Also recommended: Dragon's Touch: the weaknesses of the human anatomy.

A reviewer, April 29, 2002,
To Control Others You Must First Control Yourself
This book is helpful in ways that are undescribeable. The book shows the ways to perform blocks, strikes, strength, and meditation all with pictures! The book will tell you how to heal many illnesses by just learning how to meditate correctly. Useful for any martial artist.

Reviews for a bokken book:
Quote:

facinated by swords, February 5, 2003,
i hope this helps
ive been trying to learn samurai sword fighting and i hope this book helps

A reviewer, October 8, 2001,
Excellent book for beginners
I've had to take up kendo on my own, with a little bit of assistance from an experienced friend of mine. Other books I purchased were mostly history and philosophy that might interest an expert swordsmen, but is of no help to a beginner. This book however is composed entirely of step by step pictures of the author performing waza with short description. It is easy to follow, and will give you enough drills that you can begin some serious training on your own before you can find an instructor.
Also recommended: Kendo: The Definitive Guide is also a good book. It has less waza you can perform on your own, but more drills you can do with a partner. It is also very well illustrated and clear. Another plus is that it touches on intangibles of importance.

Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Funny MA book reviews. - 01/03/06 09:44 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/086568085X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
first review comment:
Quote:

This book is called, "Taijutsu: Ninja Art of Unarmed Combat," but the guy on the cover is waving around not one, but TWO blades. What's up with that?

in the book: "Complete Idiot's Guide to Karate"
Quote:

First Sentence of the first page:
"Probably as many reasons exist for wanting to try karate as there are people wanting to try it."

Re: Funny MA book reviews. - 02/22/06 01:41 PM

Death Touch: The Science Behind the Legend of Dim-Mak
from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1581602...5Fencoding=UTF8
Quote:

If anyone is genuinely interested in "the science behind Dim-Mak", they should consult an anatomy textbook. Most of the key Dim-Mak points are things like the trachea, the liver, the eyes or the testicles. It is hardly rocket science to work out that a punch in the gonads is going to hurt. The rest of the Dim-Mak points simply don't work. The only "nerve point" I am aware of is the major nerve on the outside of the upper thigh which accounts for the effectiveness of Thai leg kicks or "dead legs". But leg kicks do not disrupt one's small intestine.

And now we reach the subject of the martial arts applications. The disclaimer that Dr Kelly aims to "educate" the martial arts community about the dangers of Dim Mak is of course as hypocritical as a Mafia hitman's paternosters. He wants to sell books, to kids who believe that by learning the Dim Mak points from a book they can take a short way round the difficult business of training in the martial arts and become superheroes, taking out the local bully by manipulating Triple Warmer Point 15. I would be more cross about this irresponsible practice if I thought that there was any danger to the public involved in teaching Dim Mak, but there isn't.

lol
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: Funny MA book reviews. - 02/23/06 09:23 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that....I just signed up for a tai chi class just so I can use my kamehameha wave.

Re: Funny MA book reviews. - 02/23/06 10:26 PM

I thought it was funny because he's right on the money and had a humorous way of putting it.