Clive Layton books?

Posted by: Ronin1966

Clive Layton books? - 12/13/05 01:51 PM

Can any of our ~UK brethern~ (generic) direct us towards the current publisher of Clive Layton's many interesting books? (Preferably some of his older works)

Specifically we seek a book he wrote debunking many "mysteries" of the arts.... (ie stunts, gimmicks, etc.))

Yet I cannot find the specific title in either out of print databases, nor in print databases.

Can anyone be of assistance????
Jeff
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Clive Layton books? - 12/15/05 01:49 PM

Try Kirby Publishing. I think they published Clives books.

If you google search it may take you to the Shoto website of Mick Randells org. Clive and Mick were part of the same org. for years.
Posted by: Ronin1966

Re: Clive Layton books? - 12/26/05 12:51 PM

Hello JohnL:

Thank you...

<<Try Kirby Publishing. I think they published Clives books.

I have in the past, and shall again... (I had forgotten them). Hopefully they will have it...

<<Mick Randells org.

I've found his name, materials posted there a great many times... I'll check again and see if they might have the specific materials I'm after this round...

By any chance do you have Layton's "Mysterials of the Martial Arts" book/booklet???

J
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Clive Layton books? - 12/27/05 09:35 AM

No I don't.

I bought his "Conversations with Karate Masters" a looooong time ago. I read it, but will confess to being a bit disappointed with it. It seemed to be more a regurgitation of a lot of Fighting Atrs International articles and photo's with very little original material or thought. I don't know what his other material is like, but it kind of put me off.

I actually started my karate training in Mick Randells organization many many moons ago, which is how I know the org.