1975 Black Belt article?

Posted by: Ronin1966

1975 Black Belt article? - 11/03/05 08:47 PM

Hello:

[Note: I apologize if this may technically be the ~wrong~ forum.]

I am seeking any list members who possess a complete collection of the Black Belt Magazine c. 1975.

I am looking for a specific article from that year and cannot locate it in my apparently lacking materials for that particular year and more general time frame.

Can anybody help with this?

Perhaps point me to a vendor who sells such materials? Cannot find the article and its maddening...

Can anyone please help?

Jeff
Posted by: Gino

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/06/05 11:23 AM

Have you tried the Black Belt magazine's website? They might have an archive section.
http://www.blackbeltmag.com/
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 12:42 PM

Just curious, whats the name of the article?

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 01:12 PM

Hello Gino:

Thank you for the thought, unfortunately (at least not being a subscriber any longer) if that archive exists I have no access to it. However, it appears to me that archive does not as yet exist on the site.

Can anyone verify (you being an online member) whether a full archive exists of previous Cover Pages, article lists, etc. in the member section of the Black Belt site specific to 1975 Cover Pages, articles and so forth?

Please advise,
Jeff

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 01:16 PM

Hello Mr. Morris:

Well <sigh> that at the moment is one of the critical "missing pieces".

The article was done (I believe) by a fellow named Scott Russell (aka William Scott Russell). All I recall at this point was there was a HUGE FIST on the cover page and the article (again based on possibly faulty recollection) was some time in 1975 (sic. in Black Belt Magazine).

More than that I am digging to recollect more helpful materials...

Can anybody assist??? (This is maddening....)
Jeff
Posted by: JoelM

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 01:40 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-1975-BLACK-BELT-MA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 01:43 PM

too vague. sorry, can't help you.

good idea Joel...try e-bay and just ask the sellers if the article is in there before you buy it.
Posted by: Gino

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/07/05 05:05 PM

Joel's e-bay idea is a good one. But, if you're unsuccessful there, try e-mailing Black Belt, see what they would charge for the back issue. Who knows, you might get lucky.

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/08/05 10:11 AM

Hello Gino:

Ahhhh yes, the Ebay factor. Already in the process of doing that. And will send Black Belt an email too, once I can locate an actual email address/name to send such an inquiry to! I had sent something to them, several years ago, and got nothing back, what so ever.

I was simply hoping some members here might have a good collection of that period and be willing to dig through the 12-36 magazines in their collections (ie 74-76), if I was REALLY off base.

I will keep trying and hope I get ~fortunate~.

Seeking a BB magazine,
HUGE fist on the front cover
1975 (might maybe have been 1974 )
Scott Russell (author), (or possibly merely ABOUT him).

Apologies this is as maddening for me as it might be for anyone even willing to help. Hoping for the kindness of ~strangers~,

Sincerely,
Jeff

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/10/05 01:29 PM

I think I may have found it...April 1977 issue. Vol 15 No. 4

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-BELT-MAGAZINE-...bayphotohosting

In the off chance you aren't a member of ebay, I already asked the seller for you...I'll let you know when he replies.

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/17/05 11:54 AM

Hello Mr. Morris:

I too will inquire. It looks very promising! It might not be the one, but lets see!

Jeff (turning 20 shades of blue, holding his breath in anticipation)

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/28/05 03:57 PM

he never replied to me.

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 11/29/05 04:28 PM

They have not responded to me either. Very odd...

Anybody here have the APRIL 1977 Issue of Black Belt? It appears we might have been off by 2 years, if this proves to be the issue we are after...

Jeff

Re: 1975 Black Belt article? - 12/13/05 12:59 PM

Update:

April 1977 Blackbelt Magazine raised several "flags". It has the fist on the cover. Is in the right generic time frame....

Anybody possess this issue in their collection????

Jeff

April 1977 Black Belt Magazine!!!! - 12/26/05 12:47 PM

Hello:

I wanted to thank the members who helped (or tried to assist) in my search for this magazine. After a ridicilously protracted process we managed to acquire the desired articles/magazine.

APRIL 1977: BLACK BELT MAGAZINE

There were two articles as it turned out and even though I now possess one copy I would sorely love some "extras" if anyone knows where I can acquire MORE original copies???

Any help would as always, be appreciated,
J

Re: April 1977 Black Belt Magazine!!!! - 01/31/06 09:22 AM

Hello:

I found out this morning the articles in question being sought were in three smaller parts! Black Belt Magazine April 77, contains two of the three articles we would still love many more copies if possible???

The third article turned out to be Black Belt Magazine in MAY of 1977. It was an article about/around a man by the name of William Scott Russell and the book he "wrote" now long ago called "Karate, the Energy Connection" by Delacorte Press (?) if memory serves correctly...? We'd love to find out if there were any photographs attached to the third article but again purely by memory the answer initally appears to be no....

Can anyone confirm or deny this belief based on possession of the Black Belt May 77 Issue????
J

Re: April 1977 Black Belt Magazine!!!! - 01/31/06 10:28 AM

boy, are you 'needy'...lol

here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-4-BLACK-BELT-MA...0QQcmdZViewItem