Ultimate Flexibility

Posted by: Tezza

Ultimate Flexibility - 10/01/05 03:31 PM

Hi guys I was looking at martial art books on the internet and came across a book called:
Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide To Stretching For Martial Arts
By S.H. Kim
has anyone got this or read it. I just wanted somones opinion.
Cheers
Posted by: ctkachuck

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/01/05 10:56 PM

I just purchased this book on the 29th of September. The book is filled with a ton of information. I just started Hapkido so I definately need all the help I can get. I am the least flexible human on earth and not proud of it. lol
I heard about a book called Stretching Scientifically but it wasn't at the bookstore.

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/02/05 05:56 AM

Thanks
I was thinking of buying it because like you i am not very flexible and want to improve. I have heard of Stretching Scientifically but havent found it in any shops. Do you know any other good stretching books?
Once again thanks for your help
Posted by: DragonTiger

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/05/05 01:23 PM

I have this book. I think it's really good. It talks about diff. kinds of stretching and how your body changes as you age. It also has many, many pictures of stretches and stetching rountines for boxing, grappling, MMA, TMA, etc. I don't have stretching scientifically, but I think a lot of that book is covered under the reading room articles by Tom Kurtz.

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/05/05 01:36 PM

Cheers guys
Im probably gonna get it. As you both say that its a good book.
Cheers
Posted by: trevek

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/07/05 11:29 AM

I swear by Tom Kurtz's Stretching Scientifically. I didn't even go the whole way, just the basic warm-ups and exercises and my flexibility improved about 60%. Problem was some capoierra guy borrowed it and fled to Australia!
Great book. I've heard good things about the video too.

If you're in the UK the MA magazines like MAI and Wombat... oops, sorry, Combat usually advertise it or else try Amazon.

Please note: I get no comission and I am not involved in selling this product. This is not an advert.

Re: Ultimate Flexibility - 10/08/05 09:22 AM

Cheers I will look for it