Dynamic Wing Tsun

Posted by: Tezza

Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/06/05 01:31 PM

Has anyone read a book called 'Dynamic Wing Tsun' by Leung Ting. I was thinking of getting it but would like you views on the book first. I am from England and the only place I have been able to find it is Amazon.co.uk at £10.95 excluding delivery which i think is a good price but it takes 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. Does anyone know where i can get it at the same price but it wont take as long to arrive.
Thanks guys
Posted by: MAGr

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/07/05 11:01 AM

I dont like Leung Ting. And the only reason I can think of is that someone who cares about his appearance so much could not possibly have the time to be the master he proclaims he is.
I dont know about his system, I know that Emin is from his lineage, and I know Emin is a good fighter. But there is a big difference between a well written informative book and the fact that a good fighter's teacher wrote it, know what I mean?

The books I would recommend are the series by Dr Joseph Wayne Smith.

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/07/05 11:28 AM

Thanks for your opinion MAGr. I was only asking because i was looking for a good book to help further my knowledge on the Wing Tsun system and was wondering if this was a good book for the job as it has been said that this is a self teaching book.
Once again thanks

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/12/05 09:39 AM

I may have come out a bit harsh on Leung Ting. To be honest for all I know it could be a great book and he could be a great martial artist.
I can only give you my opinion on the books that I have read, and the ones I mentioned above are really good.

The fact that his organisation is so big seems strange to me, because you obviously cannot maintain equal standards of quality throughout all his schools, and obviously he cannot be too hands on since there are so many schools. I honestly dont know, the sifus running those schools may be brilliant and I know a few of them who are.
But in general, his aproach to WC/WT and marketing does not strike me as a sincere one.

If you get the book, I would love to know what you thought of it. Or anyothers you might come across.

be lucky

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/13/05 03:55 AM

I understand what you were trying to say. I must admit He does worry about appearance alot but I cannot find anymore good books on Wing Tsun that look quite good and are self teaching. I have read a book called 'On Single Combat' which I personally think is a great book.
Also another book by him was Wing Tsun Kuen which I was told is quite good.
I have not heard of the author you mentioned above can you please give me a name of one of his book titles so that I can research into it as I cant find anything on him on the internet.
Thanks for your help

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/13/05 07:11 AM

http://www.gungfu.com/cart-htm/media_books_wing_chun.htm

there are all the good books on this website. Check them out.
William Cheung is really good and is one of the best WC masters that I have seen. And I have heard that his books are enlightening, I intend to by a couple.

James Yimm Lee has written the first book in that list and is a really good book containing sil lum tao and some trapping techniques. That was the first book that I read and helped me a lot on my positioning, a very important aspect of WC IMO.

and the book by joseph which is not listed is:
Wing Chun Kung-Fu: Basic Forms & Principles
and the other two books that he has written are listed there. grappling &fighting, advanced weapons and techniques.

The last book contains the pole form and the WC butterfly sword form

Re: Dynamic Wing Tsun - 09/13/05 11:31 AM

Thanks MAGr I will look into the books you have mentioned. You help is very much appreciated.
Thanks