Winnie the Pooh.

Posted by: Ket

Winnie the Pooh. - 05/16/05 07:18 AM

"Winnie the what?!" you ask. Pooh! I reply.

Allow me to explain...

Well, my fascination with eastern cultures has always been an oddity in my family, among my mother and brother, and they poke fun at this quite often. As a joke, for christmas a couple years back (Thats all christmas is nowadays, one big jokester opportunity), my mother purchased a book for me entitled, "The Toe of Pooh, the Te of piglet."

I looked at the cover ...Pooh sitting on his tree stump, eating a jar of honey with a content look on his face, and the ever-disgruntled looking piglet with a kite in hand, futily attempting to keep it secured ...gave a chuckle, and tossed it in the pile of other "Gag gifts".

One day, not too long ago, I ran out of books to read ...So, I picked that one up, and to my surprise it really isn't that bad!!

I just wanted to bring that book to everybody's attention ..If you are new to the ideas of of Tao and such, or your child shows an interest, it would be a good beginning resource.

Good day!

-Ket
Posted by: DefenselessChild

Re: Winnie the Pooh. - 05/17/05 11:35 PM

Your not joking? Lol...
Posted by: Ket

Re: Winnie the Pooh. - 05/18/05 12:14 AM

No! I'm serious! It's their attempt to take a subject that many don't know about, and that may confuse beginners, and place it into a fun environment. I for one think they did it quite well!

-Ket
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Winnie the Pooh. - 05/28/05 01:05 PM

Yes, I read that as well. Interesting book that was able to make the differences in philosophies between confuciunism, taoism, etc, a little more understandable to me.

Recommended.