Posters for Solo Practice

Posted by: Scholar

Posters for Solo Practice - 04/02/03 12:57 PM

Please consider the person who can't get to receive paid instruction due to availability or expense! A good example is the various Qi Gong routines that build up energy using the external sectional approach, you can't remember all the moves at first which disturbs the sequence or have to do it the hard way of one at a time and building the steps over time. If a person could see them as they do then could go through whole routine for maximum benefit. In particular, The pieces of brokade,Tai Chi Qi Gong,Bagua Qi Gong. Note: In regards to applying to Martial Arts, it is clearly external method to empower techniques. Also there could be an anatomical/Acupuncture chart that clearly delineates showing the Anatomical and Channel and vessel Qi Targets with a table where referances are made by symbols ect for direction,area, depth,classification of effect ect.
Posted by: Scholar

Re: Posters for Solo Practice - 04/02/03 01:05 PM

I almost forgot, could the charts also be offered flip oversize charts for dojos and also include chart for Skeletal for stick fighting and Anatomical for blade featuring the circulatory and nervous systems. The idea is more high end like Anatomical Medical Chart companies for schools.
Posted by: kronin

Re: Posters for Solo Practice - 12/19/05 03:16 PM

I have been a sole practitioner for several years and have also been in classes at one time or the other. One reason for this was because of the astronomical cost. When I had a lot of money and time I could afford classes. When I didnīt I practiced by myself, either practicing what I already knew, or from books, videos, etc. I found that one works as well as the other, to be truthful, except when it comes to practicing self defense moves to get a feel for them.

I am a real advocate of learning MA anyway that you can. I really believe that practice, getting a feel for them, is what makes perfect. A long time ago when I took Shurinryu Karate I had to practice with the instructor, because I was taking private lessons free...which was a great price. We only sparred until he knew that I knew how to and then we only practiced moves, as we called them--attacks and counter attacks. Thatīs what I think is most important.