Inquiry inre: Taking it to the Streets, by Marc McYoung

Posted by: MAGon

Inquiry inre: Taking it to the Streets, by Marc McYoung - 11/07/04 10:22 AM

Good day all.
I hope this type of inquiry is appropriate in this forum, since all the post I found were book reviews instead of asking for a review about a particular book or author. If I'm violating forum ettiquette, please accept my apologies.
Browsing around, looking for a good read on the MAs, I bumped into the foreword for this book. I'd heard mixed opinions about McYoung from MArtists I respect, so I was a bit surprised at how reasonable and reasoned he sounded, enough to intrigue me. But I tend to be cautious about spending my hard earned money on MA/ self defense books because of the many self styled "Masters" out there, so I thought I'd ask around first.
Has anyone here read this book, or any others by Mcyoung and would care to share their opinion? Any opinions on McYoung in general?
Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Intrepidinv1

Re: Inquiry inre: Taking it to the Streets, by Marc McYoung - 07/14/05 07:23 PM

I've read MacYoung and would recommend him as a realistic self defense source. He has a strange sense of humor but I believe no forth what he speaks of. Anyway, I have an order form filled out for this book myself, I'm just waiting til next pay day to order it.
Posted by: spectrum

Re: Inquiry inre: Taking it to the Streets, by Marc McYoung - 07/20/05 12:21 AM

MAGon,

You should go check out Marc McYoung's web site.
I think its called nononsenseselfdefence. (where is LEO?)

This site is a great read whether you agaree with Marc or not.

I would not consider Marc a self styled master but instead he seems like someone who has thought about self defense, without a a$$kicker MA lens.