The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak

Posted by: Victor Smith

The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak - 08/10/01 05:12 AM

An interesting work is Erle Montague and Wally Simpson's work, "The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak", published by Paladin Press. It is so large it comes in two volumes. The first is "The Main Meridians" and the second is "The Extra Meridians".

This work covers literally hundreds of Meridian points, often with accompanying photographs.

Each point tells 1)the Chinese Name, 2) the Location, 3)Connections with other meridians, 4) Direction of Strike, 5) Damage, 6)Set up Point, 7) Antidote, 8)Healing and 9) Applications, often with accompanying photographs, too.

This is a very comprehensive effort to explain how 'Dim Mak' works. The techniques demonstrated in the books will definately get a response from the target, whether you ascribe to pressure point striking or not.

It is likely to be the most definitive work on this topic for some time to come.

Victor Smith
Bushi No Te Isshinryu
Posted by: gojuwarrior1

Re: The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak - 01/16/03 12:58 PM

i own the 2nd book ,though i dont read it that much.but i will start studing the vital points,because its essential to know that stuff.
Posted by: taebot

Re: The Encyclopedia of Dim Mak - 01/17/03 06:49 AM

I have both books. They look nice on the shelf. I haven't really scoured them or even looked at them for quite some time. Maybe I should dust them off and look at them again and get back to you manana...