An Aikido Technique:

Posted by: rachard

An Aikido Technique: - 06/01/10 09:13 AM

This type of martial arts concentrates on controlling vital energy (ki) in the stomach of the body in order to defeat the challenger. The art of aikido focuses on attacking an opponent by way of specific nerves which when pressed can defeat the enemy without the risk of causing death. Aikido concentrates on achieving harmony among ki and tai (the body). To attain this, an exercise is done to extend the ki.
Posted by: kangaroo

Re: An Aikido Technique: - 06/04/10 12:52 PM

I have to disagree on many fronts but then we have to rehash the big argument over what Ki means again. Pressure points you realize there is a large segment of Aikido organization that teach only one pressure point they call Yonkyo which is the wrist radial nerve which by the way does not work on me and many other people I have trained with but that technique also has other value beside the nerve if done correctly.
Posted by: charlie

Re: An Aikido Technique: - 06/06/10 05:48 PM

Rachard, Im not sure what the intent of your post is here - it looks like more of a statement about what Aikido is. When you look deeper into Aiki-do however it is an art which can cause death! and not just about controling ki or pressure points (kyusho) Aikido has its roots in Aiki Jujutsu, which I have studied for 12 years and still learning.

Aikido was never meant to be a fighting art, mainly a way of harmonising with another human being using aiki techniques, Aiki Jujutsu is another matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLcCooy-Wg