Ukemi

Posted by: Joseph_Webster

Ukemi - 08/06/07 11:27 PM

On my first day of class do you think I will imidiatly be getting thrown around? This would be fine except it would always be great to know a little hint or something first about ukemi and how to perform it. I'm almost positive though that they would teach me first. I'm not all to worried about it it's just that it was something to find out.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Ukemi - 08/07/07 12:53 AM

They will show you how to do it safely. Relax.
Posted by: Joseph_Webster

Re: Ukemi - 08/07/07 01:06 AM

Sorry, i'm just so beside myself that i'm getting to do this and is causing...almost a form of stress I guess. Thank you for this.
It helps more than you know1 =D
Posted by: Ames

Re: Ukemi - 08/07/07 04:54 PM

I think a lot of people go through this same stress. I'll give you this advice though, don't worry, don't think too much.

--Chris
Posted by: pilgrim

Re: Ukemi - 08/22/07 11:14 AM

Joseph,
My wife and I began Aikido one month ago, and I believe you will be studying at Jita Kyoei Dojo in Dallas, correct? We practice at a Jiyushinkai dojo as well (in Baton Rouge, LA), and I hear that Will (one of the instructors at your school) is a simply amazing teacher that really has a passion for teaching Aikido. Anyway, we were a little concerned about ukemi as well, but they really ease you into it. As a beginner, when I take ukemi, I still just find it cool as heck seeing how the techniques work! Just listen to your instructors, learn at your own pace (they all understand you're new), and I promise it will be fun!
On another note, we will be attending Clark Sensei's seminar at your dojo in October! Hope we can meet!