Random technique transfer question

Posted by: MattyChi

Random technique transfer question - 04/23/07 03:09 PM

Pardon any flaws in my text or amateur references, i am by no means an expert. I was just thinking this over in my head and was wondering what people thought. Is there an easy way to go to an arm bar (like ground mma style) from the ikiyo pin when u have the wrist pin (once again sorry for the butchering with my crappy terms). Like could you quickly just grab his hand with both of yours and straddle his arm and try to pull back to trry to flip your opponent and get into position? Basically I am just trying to think of a more solid pin after ikiyo other than the tradition, and I think kimura would involve too much wrestling with the arm from ikiyo instead of nikiyo. (probably killed spelling).
Posted by: aikijujutsuka

Re: Random technique transfer question - 05/04/07 08:55 PM

Since you're talking about Ikiyo I'm assuming you're talking about aikido. I myself practice aikijujutsu and when we perform an ikkayo (AJJ name, same technique practically), it's very easy to guide the 'victim' to the ground and control him with a wrist lock, or you could, very naturally, flow through to an arm lock.