Aikido classes

Posted by: Jono

Aikido classes - 09/18/05 04:54 AM

hey guys my first post on the furom, listen i have done quite a bit of boxing and i was thinking of switchin to aikido. the only problem is that it is only on once a week. would once a week really be enough time to learn?
Posted by: AkhilleusWeeps

Re: Aikido classes - 09/18/05 01:01 PM

How long is the class? If it's more than an hour than perhaps, considering your boxing background some things might migrate over can be good or bad, I'd have to say you'd need alot of at home practise and also you should note that gains won't be seen no where as quickly as in the ring. Also, sparring using Aikido generally doesnt work due to sparring rule limitations so dont get frustrated if you start and you do happen to spar and it all goes to crap.

Also, you'll love the Aikidoka atmosphere its like a big welcoming black hole that sucks you in where almost everyone is friendly and willing to share "secrets" so to speak. Love it me self.
Posted by: Prometej

Re: Aikido classes - 09/18/05 04:10 PM

If you have a friend there ,or make one, with more expirience why not asking him to practise with you from time to time.
Posted by: Jono

Re: Aikido classes - 09/19/05 11:42 AM

ok cheers its my frist class 2night one hour and 30 minutes im also taking gracie barra jujitsu straight after
Posted by: AkhilleusWeeps

Re: Aikido classes - 09/19/05 06:46 PM

Good luck and have fun!